Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Honda CRV. I have a 3-Way Component Speaker setup (MB Quart) that I want to use in the Front Doors. I have the factory tweeters and lower panel door speakers. I am thinking about putting the midrange in the driver and passenger door, directly in front of the interior door handles. I have not pulled the door panels off yet. Has anyone put an aftermarket midrange in this location? Or, does anyone know of any reason why I wouldn’t be able to do so? I plan on taking some pictures when I do this install, but that will be several weeks from now. Any help/advice will be appreciated.

·
3,045 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That's where I'd put them. Look at YouTube videos on this topic. Show us pictures! I hope you have an amp for this upgrade. Moved to Mobile Electronics section.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
How much modification do you want to do? Not sure about the space behind where you want to put the mid. You may change your mind about mid placement once you get the inner door panel off.

Have had 2 CR-V's. I replaced the '08 EX OEM speakers with Polk db651's all around. Just recently replaced '18's EX-L OEM speakers with Alpine S-S65 components in front, coaxials in the rear. Installed sound deadening to all door interiors and spare tire well.

I second Kloker about getting an amp. In both vehicles had an Alpine KTP-445 power pack amp installed. You have plenty of space inside the dash / console area to locate this amp. Sends out 45W/channel without blasting neighbors. Another added feature with this amp is that it runs off of your radio's power supply. No need to run a wire from your battery. With this setup, have not had to raise radio volume past 11, unless I really like what I'm hearing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts