Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I need to replace my driver side view mirror (out of pocket). I have the following options:

1. OEM from dealer - $331
2. Aftermarket off eBay\online parts site - $40 - $60 unpainted
3. Recycled part from a salvaged\parts car (correct color) - $TBD

Has anyone bought an aftermarket part and have good luck? Would it be wise to grab a recycled mirror assembly? Looking for opinions and all are welcome.

Thanks!

Lew

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I would suggest to call the salvage yards, as you might get lucky with the proper color match too. Sometimes the Aftermarket will not be a good fit. What year is your V? Let us know.

·
Banned
806 Posts
Some salvage yards have a computer network where they can see what each has. I had to buy a front differential for a pickup and they found one of the right gear ratio in another state and shipped it.

When it comes to a mirror, I would just buy one from the dealer to be honest if you can't find one from a salvage yard.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would suggest to call the salvage yards, as you might get lucky with the proper color match too. Sometimes the Aftermarket will not be a good fit. What year is your V? Let us know.
Thanks for the reply! It's a 2011 EX-L in Polished Metal Metallic.

Cheers,

Lew

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all! I'm going to keep looking for a recycled one. Any good dealer sites that have discounted parts? I've used College Hills Honda before.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well,

I found a new OEM heated mirror assembly for $218.49. However, I am seeing two different part numbers:

76250-SWA-A23ZP
76250-SXS-A21ZG

Both are heated and both are in the right color. Not sure which one to order. Any ideas?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts