Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2005 EX-L (limited edition) It has the Honda Alloy rims

I cant post links sadly.. OEM part #63888 2005 rim.

They are in rough shape. I have a buddy who can sandblast them. I was wondering if it can be done or whether there is anything I can do to make them look new. I want to paint them flat black. Is there any general thing to do to fix them up, or process that is known to work? Or are they doomed to look like crap?

Additionally I want to get some more aggressive and rugged tires as my summers got eaten by misalignment last summer, I want them to be a bit bigger to give the car that kind of look. I live in Canada so I would like something that can handle big potholes, crap roads (dirt, sand, gravel, stonechip) and big highways but still be useable if I can't get them off before winter. For these tires I would like new rims as well, more of a utility look than the alloys, preferably dark, black or grey, nothing fancy. What size rims/tires would I be looking at for a stock 05 CRV EX-L, it is in Pewter blue or whatever, that really light blue/grey colour. Currently on winters... We put winters on the alloys which is why they are so chewed up, no cracks or anything but the coating is chipping away and staining.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I have upsized BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires (highway tire w/ rugged look) and love them. They are not as quite as a regular highway tire, but no A/T tire is. None of my upsizing has resulted in rubbing, or noticeable power loss or gas mileage. No Lift Kits for me, I prefer Honda’s engineering & reliability.

I went from 225/65/17 to 235/70/17 and have NO REGRETS

I have smaller skinnier winter tires for better grip and handling in the snow & ice.

On my Gen.1 CRV, I went from 205/70/15 to 215/75/15 and again NO REGRETS!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts