Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. This is my first post.

I have a 2003 CRV and have been going around and around with the Takata air bag recall. The previous owner had it done (fixed) around 2017. I recently found online that there was another Takata recall in 2018. My Honda dealer said there are no open recalls, that the 2017 recall was the latest. Where do I go from here? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

I have a 2003 CRV and have been going around and around with the Takata air bag recall. The previous owner had it done (fixed) around 2017. I recently found online that there was another Takata recall in 2018. My Honda dealer said there are no open recalls, that the 2017 recall was the latest. Where do I go from here? Thanks.
If you had a recall and it was fixed you are done.
If there was an open recall honda would tell you when you input your vin on the owner site.

If you feel like you need ANOTHER new airbag, swing by the dealer and they’ll be happy to pull yours and swap for $1000 lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

UPDATE: I received a letter in the mail from Honda saying there's a Takata airbag recall. I'll be going to another dealer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
UPDATE: I received a letter in the mail from Honda saying there's a Takata airbag recall. I'll be going to another dealer.
I received a letter, and took mine in.....not sure that they did anything though, other than an inspection and trying to sell me stuff.........nothing on my dash on passneger side seemed ot have moved, and my trip odometer was not reset.....can they do a airbag recall without disconnecting the battery?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I took mine to honda for the airbag and had it fixed but still the sirbag light will randomly flash on and off. I believe theres been an electrical problem since i got the car though.

·
Registered
486 Posts
can they do a airbag recall without disconnecting the battery?
I bought a leather steering wheel once for another car and asked the garage I bought it from if it's necessary to disconnect the battery. The tech told me the airbags are in no way powered when the ignition is off. They have replaced a lot of them and never disconnected the battery.

So I didn't either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts