Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site. I have a question . My wife bought honda crv 2014 . We bought it new . No issue with the engine . Yesterday I notice when I open the oil cap of the engine while engine running I felt strong pulsating air. I have heard that this usually happens when engine is getting old like arround 200K but crv has just 14K miles on it . Can you guys check your engine , open the oil filler cap while engine running and feel if pulsating air comes out.
Appreciate your input

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am new to this site. I have a question . My wife bought honda crv 2014 . We bought it new . No issue with the engine . Yesterday I notice when I open the oil cap of the engine while engine running I felt strong pulsating air. I have heard that this usually happens when engine is getting old like arround 200K but crv has just 14K miles on it . Can you guys check your engine , open the oil filler cap while engine running and feel if pulsating air comes out.
Appreciate your input
I got response from other forum. I think I will go to more active forum . Thanks for watching
Regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Appreciate your input
Nothing to worry about, pulsating is caused by air being displaced in the crankcase from 2 pistons on there down strokes, as 2 pistons are on there up strokes. Pulsating is OK, so is light pressure, but excessive pressure would indicate blow-by. Your good 14k the engine is bearly broke in.

Congrats on your on the CR-V, and welcome to the site.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome sub786. Yes, the air you observed coming out of the opened oil fill cap is normal. The cap is supposed to to be on and tightened when the engine is running.

Enjoy the ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts