Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I really love this car so when the air conditioner compressor went out on my 2004 CR-V I initially looked for another car. Not finding anything at all that I liked, I spent 4k at Honda to have it reparied in 2012. I had 98k on the car at the time so I did not qualify for even a partial reimbursment. Since then I have been happy with the car. I was shocked and saddened today to find that when I brought it to my mechanic, they found green dye on the compressor which is indicitive of another compressor leak. I believe the air conditioner repair has the standard one year warrenty, but I would have never thought that only a year and 7 months later I would be stuck with the same problem again? I am so dissappointed. Has anyone out there had any success in working with Honda to resolve this? I can't even believe they wouldn't fix this and want to charge me another 4k. I don't like this car that much! Any help or leverage in dealing with Honda to persuade Honda to take some financial responsibility for this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Help! I really love this car so when the air conditioner compressor went out on my 2004 CR-V I initially looked for another car. Not finding anything at all that I liked, I spent 4k at Honda to have it reparied in 2012. I had 98k on the car at the time so I did not qualify for even a partial reimbursment. Since then I have been happy with the car. I was shocked and saddened today to find that when I brought it to my mechanic, they found green dye on the compressor which is indicitive of another compressor leak. I believe the air conditioner repair has the standard one year warrenty, but I would have never thought that only a year and 7 months later I would be stuck with the same problem again? I am so dissappointed. Has anyone out there had any success in working with Honda to resolve this? I can't even believe they wouldn't fix this and want to charge me another 4k. I don't like this car that much! Any help or leverage in dealing with Honda to persuade Honda to take some financial responsibility for this would be greatly appreciated.
Obviously the new AC was defective too. Many people from this forum with this AC prob. have been told the new AC is the same as the old (problem not fixed) Your warranty was 1 yr. so the dealer is unlikely to budge. Option A Try calling/writing Honda Corporate http://automobiles.honda.com/information/customer-relations.aspx and ask/demand for subsidy.
Option B. (option A has failed or you don't want to take another chance) You should be able to buy a 2004CRV (Or other make) for $5-6000, with operating AC good tires and maybe less miles, and sell yours with or without "NEW" AC, and come out having spent less...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Gimpy18, I feel for you. The right thing for Honda to do in this situation would be to write this off and do the repair for free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts