Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please watch this video I took of the problem.

The Service Advisor I took it to said this is actually "normal." He actually brought in another 2018 CRV (LX model - I have the EX) and it too was behaving in the same manner. I find it hard to believe anyone would find it acceptable to set their thermostat in the car to 72 and have it at 115°+. After telling the SA guy "how about I come talk to every person looking to buy a new CRV and ask them if they'd find this an acceptable scenario for air conditioning?" He then got his manager involved who was a lot less of a knucklehead and said they'd at least a couple hours in it and gathering data to investigate and forward to Honda directly for advice.

I have an appointment on this coming Monday the 5th to take it in and have them take a comprehensive look at it.

Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Frayed wires down by the condenser where there is a plug. My son and I each have had the same problem with the air condition. Fixed under warranty. The local dealer here found it in a few minutes then replace the wire harness which required 2 hours. We have had no problems since. The wires look like old 24 gauge phone wires...very thin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Frayed wires down by the condenser where there is a plug. My son and I each have had the same problem with the air condition. Fixed under warranty. The local dealer here found it in a few minutes then replace the wire harness which required 2 hours. We have had no problems since. The wires look like old 24 gauge phone wires...very thin.
Could you clarify where this condenser and the wires are? Interior? Exterior? A general picture? Thx for the help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.