Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My wife and I own a 2007 Honda CRV.

Today my wife was driving it on a 4 lane highway with a divider when she had to make a U turn. Long story short, there's a hill just ahead and as she started to execute the U turn, a bunch of motorists suddenly came over the hill at 65 mph, so to prevent from getting into an accident, she gunned the pedal.

At that time, as she claims, the A/C quit working and now it just blows hot air.

I tried looking to see if the compressor was kicking on. I can't tell but I'm guessing if you look in the engine compartment, it's all the way at the bottom...???

At any rate, it did not look to me like the compressor was engaging. I also placed my hand over the larger A/C line under the hood with the blue cap on it. It was not cold at all.

I then looked at the fuse box under the dash. I only saw one fuse labeled "HAC" I pulled it and checked it. It was not blown. It turns out this is the fuse for the fan blower. However I'm not real sure if it's tied in on the same circuit that engages the clutch or not.

I looked in the fuse box under the hood but didn't see any fuses for the A/C.

So now I'm wondering why the A/C which never had any problems, all the sudden just quit working...?

I would like to know where the A/C pressure switch is. I am going to try jumping it to ensure it's not the culprit.

Also how do I gain access to the compressor? I thought of seeing if the clutch is getting any power to engage.

Is one of the relays in the fuse box under the hood for the A/c compressor?

Is there anything else I can check?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem here. a couple of months ago we bought a 2004 CR-V from the original owner with the AC not working. This past weekend i went ahead and bought two Freon gas cans and a Recharging hose with a gauge.

Long story short, i ended up wasting all day on a trial by error basis to confirm the Clutch is not engaging even when it actually is getting power from the pigtail.

I have read there is a Service Bulletin for this known problem. It's the TBS # 09-076 A/C System Does Not Work

http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/A09-076.PDF

(BP CK 095 12-5-09)

The bad news is i can't access the PDF and i've spent almost three hours searching this PDF online with no luck :(

If anyone come up with that PDF that would be great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, the condenser, other than some bugs lodged in it, is fine. I have verified the compressor clutch is not engaging.

·
Registered
2 Posts
AC quit

I have the same problem a the first post. In looking in the book HAC is fuse 27 and 36. However there's no fuse in 27. Is this a spare? Is there a connector anyplace leading out of the AC clutch? I'm trying to find the fuse or relay for the clutch. Hope someone can help. I too couldn't find the PDF. This seems to be a popular problem, I hope someone has the answer. Tks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here on a 2010 CR-V. A/C suddenly quit during aggressive acceleration.
Has anyone determined if this is a clutch failure or fuse? One comment states the author verified power in the pigtail and still no engagement.

Thanks to all,
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts