Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my 2006 crv had a disagreement with a tree both front airbags went off and front seat belts locked. I have replaced airbags and seatbelts but as yet have not done the sensors and airbag unit/computer. My question is can l start and move the car without worrying about everything setting off again?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
@RRJA

Yes, you can move your vehicle safely (ie slowly and not on the road or highway).

The SRS control unit needs to see a specific change in velocity (Delta V) and other factors in order to make a judgment to deploy an airbag/s and/or a seatbelt or buckle.

Unless you leave an impact sensor or the SRS unit loose (the SRS unit has an internal impact sensor as well) or un-mounted all together (the Delta V reported by a dangling or loose impact sensor or SRS control unit is extremely high!) you'll be OK moving the vehicle. Just don't drop it off a curb or into a hole.

NOTE: You still need to replace the specific impact sensor/s called out in the service manual along with the SRS unit per the AFTER DEPLOYMENT INSPECTION checklist in the SRS section of the service manual (it's also in the Body Repair Manual) before driving the vehicle safely on the road again.

Not replacing those parts leaves you open to the possibility of the SRS system not functioning properly so there is the real possibility of a unattended deployment or a non-deployment situation.

I hope this helps!

Cheers

·
1,947 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts