Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received the Honda airbag recall letter and after spending 30 minutes on the phone with Honda America and my dealership I must say I am extremely dissapointed by the company's response to this danger. According to both Honda and my dealer, the maximum rental they will cover is $35 per day. I purchased a CRV for the space of the vehicle and at minimum Honda should pay for the rental of a comparable vehicle. At $35 my dealership told me they could put me in a 4 door subcompact. That is not the same. I have paid off my vehicle in full and Honda should stand behind their product and customers. Trying to cut costs by paying for the bare minimum rental car possible is insulting and frankly makes me question ever purchasing a Honda again. This is the third Honda I've owned but failing to at least give me a similar vehicle while they fix a defective and possibly deadly issue is the least they could do.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I recently received the Honda airbag recall letter and after spending 30 minutes on the phone with Honda America and my dealership I must say I am extremely dissapointed by the company's response to this danger. According to both Honda and my dealer, the maximum rental they will cover is $35 per day. I purchased a CRV for the space of the vehicle and at minimum Honda should pay for the rental of a comparable vehicle. At $35 my dealership told me they could put me in a 4 door subcompact. That is not the same. I have paid off my vehicle in full and Honda should stand behind their product and customers. Trying to cut costs by paying for the bare minimum rental car possible is insulting and frankly makes me question ever purchasing a Honda again. This is the third Honda I've owned but failing to at least give me a similar vehicle while they fix a defective and possibly deadly issue is the least they could do.
I would have to agree. To be honest my faith in Honda is dwindling at a pretty good clip. My 11 V has had more notices from Honda than any other car I've ever owned. Yeah the airbag isn't really their fault, but still, and my CR-V sure has it's quirks.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
It has been my experience that 'loaner' vehicles are determined by the individual car dealers and not the Honda company. My current dealer's policy is to provide a loaner vehicle for customers use if their car is to be kept overnight, at NO cost to the customer.

·
Registered
237 Posts
When Honda offered to provide a replacement vehicle while wating for updated parts to arrive they never stated that they would provide the same or equivalent vehicle.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
the recall letter itself addresses a loaner vehicle....

·
Registered
35 Posts
It is disappointing to get a loaner “lower” than your CRV, but I think a lot of it has to do with what the rental agency has on hand. It never hurts to call around and see what else might be available. We initially received a Jeep Patriot as a loaner for the CRV, but were able to bring it to the airport location Enterprise and switch it out with a Nissan Murano (we told the agent that it was a long-term rental due to the recall and we were coming from a nicely equipped CRV – the agent was sympathetic). Anyway, never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I asked nicely and got a brand new Nissan Frontier 4x4. Perfect because I am doing a ton of renovations at my house.

Sent from my Nokia 6110

1 - 7 of 7 Posts