Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. New to this site so apologies if this is in the wrong place. I have a 2004 UK Honda CRV 2 ltr petrol and I have the airbag warning light will not go off. I have used the paperclip idea to re set it and it goes off then when you re start it is back on. I have looked under the seats and cannot see anything loose and I have disconnected the battery and it still stays on. I was going to take out the seats today and see if there are any loose wired I have missed. Has anyone any ideas as mot in a week and I do not want to go to Honda unless I have to.

Thanks
Gsimpso

·
Registered
112 Posts
Your best bet is to take it to Honda or a decent collision repair shop and have them plug in with a scan tool.
Airbags are not really a DIY sort of thing.

·
Premium Member
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
1,206 Posts
There should be a 2 pin service connector somewhere. Mine is right next to the OBD Port (my CR-V is a 98, so yours might be a little different). You jump that 2 pin connector with a wire, and turn the ignition on. The SRS indicator will blink a 2 digit code at you, or multiple codes if it has multiple codes. A long blink means 10, or a multiple of 10, and a short blink means 1, or a multiple of 1. After it has displayed all of the codes, it will repeat them in the same order until you turn the ignition off and remove the jumper wire.

You might still have to take it to a dealer, but if you have the error code, you'll know where to look for a problem, should you still want to fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts