Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all.

I've got an 02 EX AWD with 42K miles (Owned it since May).

I've been experiencing some alarm problems. Every once in a while, the alarm will arm itself. Neither me nor my wife has our hands on the fob when this happens. Yesterday, I was sitting in the car with the key in the accessory position and the alarm armed itself. It didn't go off when I opened the driver's door, but it went off when I opened the rear door.

I've read some other posts about the actuator being a problem, but I haven't seen anything similar to my problem. Any ideas? Could the battery just be on its last legs and causing this? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Greetings all.

I've got an 02 EX AWD with 42K miles (Owned it since May).

I've been experiencing some alarm problems. Every once in a while, the alarm will arm itself. Neither me nor my wife has our hands on the fob when this happens. Yesterday, I was sitting in the car with the key in the accessory position and the alarm armed itself. It didn't go off when I opened the driver's door, but it went off when I opened the rear door.

I've read some other posts about the actuator being a problem, but I haven't seen anything similar to my problem. Any ideas? Could the battery just be on its last legs and causing this? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Thank you in advance.
It's not an actuator issue. The car apparently believes that ALL doors are closed. Carefully check all of the door switches, one by one to see if the dome light comes on/off. Open the door and manually press the plastic switch in/out and watch the dome light.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts