Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there. I've had a problem with my alarm system for a while but haven't done any research to figure out what happened.

basically one day at work I got a lot of snow on the roof of my car and as soon as I unlocked her I noticed that she wasn't making beeps anymore. the only explanation I had was the weight of the snow doing something. anyways I'm 90% sure it's an aftermarket (does it come standard on '98 vs?) at first I thought it was just a malfunctioning siren, but then noticed that the whole system isn't working. here's what it used to do:

-beeped when locked and unlocked (different sounds)
-car wouldn't start if any door was locked
-activate if unlocked without remote
-beep if locked with a door still ajar.

anyways it brought some good life and confidence to the truck and I'm wondering if anyone has had an issue like this or has an idea for fixing?

thanks a lot

·
Registered
720 Posts
way to find out if it works or not is:
- start the car and then shut it down.
- stay inside the car, open and shut the door to make the alarm think u left the car and ready to arm the system
- arm the system.
- open the door and see if siren goes off. at the same time, stick the key in the ignition and see if you can start the car while the sire is going.

if/when you open the door and siren didn't go off, then something IS wrong.
if the siren went off and you can still start the car, something may or may not be wrong with your system. if your alarm don't have starter kill, then you can still start car even with the siren going.

it could be the brain of your alarm lost the programming and u just need to reprogram it. sometimes... when you close the door just as you press the arm button, it confuses the system and messes up the programming. it happened to my alarm b4.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts