Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I'm new to the CRV scene, I picked mine up on Sunday. I wondered if someone could help?

I've just had a full set of new tyres on my 2007 CRV (3rd Gen FL) and took it to have the car tracked on a hunter machine. The fronts need adjusting but the chap said i needed front camber adjustment bolts. Any advise where to get these from? Or a link?

Also on the back, the rear camber is out and not adjustable. The chap advised the springs and shocks are 'tired' and have dropped causing this. Any help or advise where to get replacements that dont cost the earth? (Euros have quoted £420+ for the parts) or any cheaper options i can try first?

Thanks all

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,742 Posts
I'd think that the alignment shop could find you the eccentric camber bolts. They are commonly installed to correct alignment issues and are available widely.

For the rears, I'd ask the shop to get it as close to spec as possible, then see what the tire wear looks like.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The non-adjustable rear upper struts can be replaced with adjustable struts. I found a pair on Ebay for $75.00. But you can't take parts into a decent repair facility. So expect to pay a markup on parts. I suggest you try a more informed alignment shop. Changing springs and shocks to fix a camber issue is just wrong. Find someone that will install the adjustable struts. They can be changed in about 30 minutes by a competent mechanic/alignment person.

The front camber bolts is standard practice for front camber adjustment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts