Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i was driving on my way home and it just happened that all the lights on my dashboard came on

well not aLL, but the battery light, the abs brake, hand brake lights, src, maintenance and the traction triangle amber light came on

it feels like it was driving fine, but i was a little nervios, ANY IDEA OF WHAT COULD BE???? DID ANYONE HAD THE SAME ISSSUE BEFORE

MY CRV IS A MANUAL 2005

THANKS

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no man, no recent work, it was working just fine, and that just started happening from nowhere

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how to reset the computer on honda crv 2005??????

hello all,

i just changed the battery and i see must of the indicators lights are on

i imagine is the computer to be reset

does anybody knows how to reset it???? can that be the problem?

thanks

·
Registered
644 Posts
Disconnecting the battery for several minutes should reset the computer. Are there any codes in the computer now? Is the new battery fully charged?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is a new battery, i just replaced!! well, the display lights are coming on, thats the problem

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Check battery terminal connections, grounding strap connections and alternator output.
If you replaced your battery because it was dead, perhaps the alternator or something else caused it.
Buffalo4

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,530 Posts
I'd start with a battery/alternator load test. Could have a shorted cell. Low voltage = Weird indications.

Edit: Just saw your other post...

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,530 Posts
Are both battery terminals able to be properly tightened? I've had batteries with small posts that required shims to get a good connection.

You can buy something like this or, make a shim out of a piece cut from an EMPTY beer can. :cool: (Full beer cans are too messy, LOL)

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Battery-Post-Shim/_/R-GRO849593_0459880047

If you make your own shim, the extra metal should not go more than half way around. That way the original terminal will provide proper contact.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MY ALTERNATOR WAS DEFECTIVE. these are the issues

Hello everyone,

I had a problem with my alternator on my honda CRV 2005 manual transmission. I just want to relate the symptoms that confused me; this issues could help maybe someone else in the future.

I was driving one day with a little bit of rain, and my battery light, the SRS,VSA, air bag light, the traction light, ABS brake and hand brake were on, on my dashboard

20150331_164644.jpg

The car seemed to drive normal, later on at night i parked my car fine no problem, the lights came on, on and off some of them, some the stayed on. So, next morning my car was dead, i need a booster to ge it start. I was told that maybe be the battery, so i installed a new battery from honda. After i did that the lights were still showing and keep killing my battery if i left it sitting down for few hours. I was told this was a short somewhere on the vehicle.

My solution was to disconnect the negative pole so my car would start ok next day.

I was told the alternator measured ok, the battery was charged fine, no codes showed with problems on Autozone.

I was like this for about 8 days. One night my car just died. Got a booster and it drove for a little bit, then died again, Now this symptom looked to me like the alternator was defective.

I find out the job was very hard to do it for myselft, so i paid one guy to change the alternator.

New Alternator $240 on Autozone,

GREAT, NO MORE LIGHTS, NO MORE PROBLEMS

I just wanted to relate this, so if someone gets this problems, issues to suspect your alternator

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Thank you for sharing. This is a great help. I believe that this type of alternator that puts less load onto the engine to save fuel. So that's why your symptoms are not the usual ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts