Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

All-New 2023 Honda CR-V Arrives (1.5T / 2.0 Hybrid)

53912 Views 590 Replies 89 Participants Last post by  EXcommunicated

Wheel Tire Car Cloud Land vehicle

This section will be opened so people can populate pricing on there, just as soon as we get confirmation of who has taken first delivery :)
401 - 420 of 591 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
It only took six weeks for our white pearl 2023 CRV EXL to arrive. Picked it up yesterday and everything looks good, feels good. Lots to learn with all these safety features. One feature I’m not so sure I would use is the stop start feature. if you don‘t want to use it you have to turn it off each time you start the vehicle.

· Registered
119 Posts
It only took six weeks for our white pearl 2023 CRV EXL to arrive. Picked it up yesterday and everything looks good, feels good. Lots to learn with all these safety features. One feature I’m not so sure I would use is the stop start feature. if you don‘t want to use it you have to turn it off each time you start the vehicle.
Unfortunately, that's a pretty standard feature nowadays. There are ways to temporarily or permanently disable that though...

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #403 ·
Enough threads re stop/start :rolleyes: - lets not divert this one please. Thank you.

· Registered
2023 CR-V Touring Hybrid - Urban Grey Pearl
12 Posts
Picked our new one up yesterday. Salesman is doing final prep for delivery here. Many new features with the hybrid system that I need to explore. It is quite seamless when switching between power sources. My first hybrid so this is all new to me. Interior is beautiful. Infotaintment system is a vast improvement. I had many issues with my 2017 and 2020. Will be installing my winter wheels later today and will report back on fitment.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

· Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
2,087 Posts
Picked our new one up yesterday. Salesman is doing final prep for delivery here. Many new features with the hybrid system that I need to explore. It is quite seamless when switching between power sources. My first hybrid so this is all new to me. Interior is beautiful. Infotaintment system is a vast improvement. I had many issues with my 2017 and 2020. Will be installing my winter wheels later today and will report back on fitment.

View attachment 158962
Beautiful car. Having owned the hybrid for 2-1/2 years now my best advice is just to ignore and forget it’s a hybrid. Nothing requires human attention or intervention, just let the car manage itself.

· Registered
284 Posts

View attachment 158962
Congrats, on the new ride.
Isn't this the first hybrid delivery in the forum?

· Registered
12 Posts
Congrats, on the new ride.
Isn't this the first hybrid delivery in the forum?
My dealer was surprised. It was the first one they received and they were not expecting it until Jan.

· Registered
2020 CRV EX-L
71 Posts
I notice that compared to my 2020 CR-V EX-L and as mentioned in some previous posts several options have been eliminated. But I also notice they added these which I wouldn't mind having in my 2020:
LED Headlights, wireless phone charging, wireless Apple CarPlay and front and rear parking sensors along with upgraded audio/electronics/head unit size. I would gladly give up what they deleted for what they added.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I am also new to this forum, although not new to Honda ownership. I have owned more Hondas over the last 25 years than I can count. I too am thinking about the new 2023 CRV Hybrids and have done a lot of online research. Sadly I have not been able to find an actual vehicle in stock at any of the local dealers. I am very disappointed with how Honda is packaging these models with very little options to change colors or other accessories. Why can't there be more interior color choices than black or light grey? Also, don't really understand why white is a $395 option. Really, is it that much more to manufacture white paint? I am mostly interested in the Hybrid Sport Touring model, but I absolutely hate Black wheels on a vehicle. I realize that many younger buyers like the look of black wheels, but is the target audience for this model the under 30 crowd? I doubt it. Honda offers no option to change to a silver/chrome style wheel! Also, why is the only choice for wheel size 19" on the Touring? Makes no sense to me. I can not think of any reason why I need a 19" wheel as opposed to an 18" wheel, except to force me to pay more to replace the tires or wheels when needed. Really, wanted a Honda, but am so disgusted with the choices available that I might end up with a Toyota, who appears to believe that customers deserve some choices. Just wonder if I am the only one that is upset with this issue?

· Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
2,087 Posts
I notice that compared to my 2020 CR-V EX-L and as mentioned in some previous posts several options have been eliminated. But I also notice they added these which I wouldn't mind having in my 2020:
LED Headlights, wireless phone charging, wireless Apple CarPlay and front and rear parking sensors along with upgraded audio/electronics/head unit size. I would gladly give up what they deleted for what they added.
Although some of those were available in 2020, you just needed to go up one trim level.

· Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
2,087 Posts
You actually had to go to a hybrid, which I don't consider a trim level change but some of those options were indeed available.
Didn’t going to 1.5T Touring get you wireless charging, LED headlights, and upgrade in stereo (wattage and speaker increase)? I didn’t think there was anything unique about the hybrid outside the powertrain and badging?

· Registered
2020 CRV EX-L
71 Posts
Didn’t going to 1.5T Touring get you wireless charging, LED headlights, and upgrade in stereo (wattage and speaker increase)? I didn’t think there was anything unique about the hybrid outside the powertrain and badging?
Yes, you are correct-I forgot that the Touring was available. I just had Hybrid on the mind.

· Registered
12 Posts
Just installed my winter wheels from my 2020. Bolt pattern remains 5x114 and centre bore is also the same at 64.1

Reactions: Pinoywhiteguy

· Super Moderator
2018 EX-L fwd
1,742 Posts
Hello, I am also new to this forum, although not new to Honda ownership. I have owned more Hondas over the last 25 years than I can count. I too am thinking about the new 2023 CRV Hybrids and have done a lot of online research. Sadly I have not been able to find an actual vehicle in stock at any of the local dealers. I am very disappointed with how Honda is packaging these models with very little options to change colors or other accessories. Why can't there be more interior color choices than black or light grey? Also, don't really understand why white is a $395 option. Really, is it that much more to manufacture white paint? I am mostly interested in the Hybrid Sport Touring model, but I absolutely hate Black wheels on a vehicle. I realize that many younger buyers like the look of black wheels, but is the target audience for this model the under 30 crowd? I doubt it. Honda offers no option to change to a silver/chrome style wheel! Also, why is the only choice for wheel size 19" on the Touring? Makes no sense to me. I can not think of any reason why I need a 19" wheel as opposed to an 18" wheel, except to force me to pay more to replace the tires or wheels when needed. Really, wanted a Honda, but am so disgusted with the choices available that I might end up with a Toyota, who appears to believe that customers deserve some choices. Just wonder if I am the only one that is upset with this issue?
Welcome to the CRVOC forum. Many fine folks from around the globe here.

A suggestion if you will for the next time you post. In your post above, you have different problems with how Honda sells its product. You present them in a "Wall of Words", the visual equilivent of the "Stream of Consciousness" that the American author Faulkner used. The one major difference being that at least you use punctuation, creating complete sentences. To many folks, posts done in this manner are difficult to process.

While you are not the first on this site to complain about how Honda sells its products, you are one of the minuscule few who are. The vast majority of the members here are eminently satisfied with their vehicle. Most of the modifications which members make are the same type of modifications that owners of similar vehicles in this class make on theirs. I myself have upgraded the audio systems & sound deadening on 4 different Hondas, which I also did on previous vehicles from other manufacturers.

You indeed have many options when making any type of purchase. Manufacturers actually do research on their vehicle product so as to appeal to the greatest demographic. This is how they maximize sales & stay in business. This is what makes a Honda different from a Toyota. If they didn't do this, they would not stay in business for long. You know this, otherwise you would not have lived with the Honda brand for so many years. If you think $395 is expensive for white paint, try ordering any of the metallic finishes, which I'm sure you've already researched.

An answer to color pricing can be found when researching other vehicle manufacturers. Does Chevy / For / Kia / Dodge / Volkswagen, for example, charge for basic colors? If your research discovers that all manufacturers make similar charges, then that is the business model in play now everywhere, not just by Honda.

Global supply chain issues have changed the dynamics of many businesses. Unfortunately, these issues won't be solved any time soon. Other manufacturers face the same problems as does Honda. There are reports of some vehicles being on 9 months back-order due to these issues. Are you willing to travel? Have your searches been limited to a certain distance? Expanding the distance of your search may find the vehicle that you are seeking.

You the consumer always have the option as to how you spend your money. Only you know your financial situation. There are several manufacturers out there that will gladly create a vehicle with your specifications. Whether you are willing to pay the $$$ that those manufacturers want for doing so is entirely up to you.

· Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the CRVOC forum. Many fine folks from around the globe here.

A suggestion if you will for the next time you post. In your post above, you have different problems with how Honda sells its product. You present them in a "Wall of Words", the visual equilivent of the "Stream of Consciousness" that the American author Faulkner used. The one major difference being that at least you use punctuation, creating complete sentences. To many folks, posts done in this manner are difficult to process.

While you are not the first on this site to complain about how Honda sells its products, you are one of the minuscule few who are. The vast majority of the members here are eminently satisfied with their vehicle. Most of the modifications which members make are the same type of modifications that owners of similar vehicles in this class make on theirs. I myself have upgraded the audio systems & sound deadening on 4 different Hondas, which I also did on previous vehicles from other manufacturers.

You indeed have many options when making any type of purchase. Manufacturers actually do research on their vehicle product so as to appeal to the greatest demographic. This is how they maximize sales & stay in business. This is what makes a Honda different from a Toyota. If they didn't do this, they would not stay in business for long. You know this, otherwise you would not have lived with the Honda brand for so many years. If you think $395 is expensive for white paint, try ordering any of the metallic finishes, which I'm sure you've already researched.

An answer to color pricing can be found when researching other vehicle manufacturers. Does Chevy / For / Kia / Dodge / Volkswagen, for example, charge for basic colors? If your research discovers that all manufacturers make similar charges, then that is the business model in play now everywhere, not just by Honda.

Global supply chain issues have changed the dynamics of many businesses. Unfortunately, these issues won't be solved any time soon. Other manufacturers face the same problems as does Honda. There are reports of some vehicles being on 9 months back-order due to these issues. Are you willing to travel? Have your searches been limited to a certain distance? Expanding the distance of your search may find the vehicle that you are seeking.

You the consumer always have the option as to how you spend your money. Only you know your financial situation. There are several manufacturers out there that will gladly create a vehicle with your specifications. Whether you are willing to pay the $$$ that those manufacturers want for doing so is entirely up to you.
Thanks for your response to my post. However, I was not aware that in order to post I had to be an expert in writing and formulating my words on this forum. I have no idea what you are talking about when you say "wall of words" or "Stream of Consciousness". I think anyone with a nominal amount of intelligence should be able to understand what I posted even if it was not stated or formatted to YOUR liking. You also state that "The vast majority of the members here are eminently satisfied with their vehicle", which seems to infer that I did not like Hondas, something my post did not indicate at all. I was merely stating that I thought that the way Honda was marketing and equipping the different models of the 2023 CRV allowed for limited options IMO. I thought that forums like this were for people to get together and share their personal thoughts and experiences with regard to the subject. You have basically taken issue with almost everything I said in my post and tried to prove that nothing I said had any merit. Obviously, from the tone and content of your reply you would prefer that only posts that are in line with your personal views be allowed. I found your reply to be demeaning and not what I would expect from a "super moderator", whatever that implies.

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #418 ·
Post moved to relevant thread.

You have basically taken issue with almost everything I said in my post and tried to prove that nothing I said had any merit. Obviously, from the tone and content of your reply you would prefer that only posts that are in line with your personal views be allowed. I found your reply to be demeaning
Suggest you kindly read the forum rules before levelling accusations at anyone here, Moderator or otherwise.

The Wall of Words reference is very clear - no one likes to read a giant slab of unedited text. Its considered rude and displays a huge negative bias for those that have reading impairments - and both your posts in this thread display that contempt. You should be more considerate and use better spacing/pargraphs.

@Kazoo2U is among many highly respected, well informed and regarded forum members - his position of a Moderator is neither here nor there. His contributions are second to none.

That you have taken issue with everything he politely said and threw it out of context is unacceptable.

While yes, we are a Honda forum, we arent responsible for the way Honda pitches its products 🤷‍♂️ - and in turn, having a pop at someone who tried to signpost facts to you, you've bitten his head off with your needless diatribe. Thats hardly likely going to help you seek insight from members with that decorum as a new member.

So yes, while forums are a place to discuss, you coming here with whatever preconceived grievance against a well liked, well established member is going to go down like a lead balloon.

By all means ask questions et al - but keep your personal nuances off the board.

Now, back to the thread - off topic posts will be removed without notice.

Thanks.

· Moderate
2,667 Posts
Also, don't really understand why white is a $395 option.
I have a white Gen4 and I was recently having a door repainted under warranty and as the service advisor was filling in my data he mumbled under his breath "that's the most expensive paint of them all". So it's possible, due to layer composition.

· Registered
12 Posts
Honda must have gotten a fire sale on orange thread from their thread supplier!

Seriously, what is with orange stitching being the only stitch you can get in the new CRV? Doesn't matter what your color combination is. Orange is far from being a neutral color, and just doesn't look right with many colors.

I see the upcoming Pilot may have the same thing, according to preview pics I have seen.

401 - 420 of 591 Posts