Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

All-New 2023 Honda CR-V Arrives (1.5T / 2.0 Hybrid)

53918 Views 590 Replies 89 Participants Last post by  EXcommunicated

Wheel Tire Car Cloud Land vehicle

This section will be opened so people can populate pricing on there, just as soon as we get confirmation of who has taken first delivery :)
421 - 440 of 591 Posts

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #421 ·

· Registered
23 Posts
Honda must have gotten a fire sale on orange thread from their thread supplier!
Seriously, what is with orange stitching being the only stitch you can get in the new CRV? Doesn't matter what your color combination is. Orange is far from being a neutral color, and just doesn't look right with many colors.
I see the upcoming Pilot may have the same thing, according to preview pics I have seen.
Just joined this site as I got my 2023 Radiant Red/Gray EX last Monday. Curious about your comment about orange thread. Is that in a particular model? Mine has no sign of orange thread in it.

· Registered
119 Posts
Just joined this site as I got my 2023 Radiant Red/Gray EX last Monday. Curious about your comment about orange thread. Is that in a particular model? Mine has no sign of orange thread in it.
The Sport and Sport Touring trim levels have orange stitching on the seats. Overall I don't see the issue with the color choice. It's minimally used....

· Registered
12 Posts
Went back on the configurator - looks like it is the hybrids that get orange stitching on all of them. My bad.

The Sport and Sport Touring trim levels have orange stitching on the seats. Overall I don't see the issue with the color choice. It's minimally used....
You don't think orange stitching would look odd on a non-neutral exterior color, like the pearl blue? Even on neutral colored cars, it looks odd. It has no other orange anywhere to play off of.

· Registered
2023 Still Night Pearl Sports Touring
18 Posts
Went back on the configurator - looks like it is the hybrids that get orange stitching on all of them. My bad.

You don't think orange stitching would look odd on a non-neutral exterior color, like the pearl blue? Even on neutral colored cars, it looks odd. It has no other orange anywhere to play off of.
I think red would look better especially on the black interior.

· Registered
119 Posts

You probably don't even see the stitching against the exterior color much, if at all. Even so, blue and orange is a pretty common color combination - think of all the sports teams where those are used in combination (Florida Gators, Chicago Bears, Denver Broncos, Auburn University).

Honda uses red stitching on the Black Edition models of vehicles, so they can't do red here.

Ultimately it's probably something people will have to see in person and decide, but I haven't seen any reviewers mention they dislike the orange stitching. On the contrary all the reviews that I've seen seemed to like it.

· Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
2,087 Posts
You probably don't even see the stitching against the exterior color much, if at all. Even so, blue and orange is a pretty common color combination - think of all the sports teams where those are used in combination (Florida Gators, Chicago Bears, Denver Broncos, Auburn University).

Honda uses red stitching on the Black Edition models of vehicles, so they can't do red here.

Ultimately it's probably something people will have to see in person and decide, but I haven't seen any reviewers mention they dislike the orange stitching. On the contrary all the reviews that I've seen seemed to like it.
What do they do for the gray seats?

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #432 ·
Cant wait to see what we Brits will get shafted with on the 6G when it arrives next September!

• Haha
Reactions: EXcommunicated

· Registered
2023 CR-V Sport Touring
183 Posts
Cant wait to see what we Brits will get shafted with on the 6G when it arrives next September!
I am new to this ordering CRVs thing, usually just walked in and picked a color so waiting until Februaryish is too long for me to wait, a whole year?

Why do they change things for different countries?

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #436 ·
Why do they change things for different countries?
Primarily because OEM's simply "can".

We get better equipped CR-Vs than most other markets as we dont have Acura, but on the flipside, we have to wait longer in the product cycle to get them.

· Registered
12 Posts
I've had my '17 (bought in '19) for long enough where I am starting to get an itch. I've been very happy with it, my biggest complaint is lack of upper thigh support for taller people. I find it is peppy, and a nice long distance cruiser, while getting great economy. Having said that, I'll be very anxious to try a Sport Touring, once they've arrived at dealerships. Am really keen to hear the new, high end stereo.

williamsji, I saw your post in another thread about Homelink. Your car does not have to be powered up or on for Homelink to work.

· Registered
2023 CR-V Sport Touring
183 Posts
I am not sure if this is the right thread, fingers crossed, but can anyone point me in the right direction to CRV specific information on the CVT transmission. My last CRV was a 2012 which didn't have it nor does my Ridgeline. I was reading generic CVT information which made it sound complicated and easy to destroy.

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #439 ·
I am not sure if this is the right thread, fingers crossed, but can anyone point me in the right direction to CRV specific information on the CVT transmission. My last CRV was a 2012 which didn't have it nor does my Ridgeline. I was reading generic CVT information which made it sound complicated and easy to destroy.
This should help:

But yes, generic transmissions re the Hybrid you can ask on that thread linked.

Reactions: Jo.Woodburn

· Registered
2023 CR-V Sport Touring
183 Posts
This should help:

But yes, generic transmissions re the Hybrid you can ask on that thread linked.
Thanks! The website I found said don't floor it, which is my MO. So I started getting worried I was going to destroy the poor thing in a week.

421 - 440 of 591 Posts