Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

6th Gen Honda CR-V (1.5T / 2.0 Hybrid) All Specification Discussion

132K views 1K replies 179 participants last post by  TheDarkKnight 
#1 ·

Wheel Tire Car Cloud Land vehicle

This section will be opened so people can populate pricing on there, just as soon as we get confirmation of who has taken first delivery :)

See less See more
#2 ·
My lease expires in March. I've always gone with the Touring in the past (I'm a gadget freak), so I guess this time it'll be between the EX-L (the highest gas trim) and the Sport Touring. I'm mostly a low-mileage city driver with an annual 1200-mile road trip, so I'm not sure how worth it the hybrid would be. Then again, the Touring has all the tech...

I suppose when I get closer to March I'll ask what the lease prices for the two models will be, and see how much of a premium the hybrid will be.

#822 ·
My lease expires in March. I've always gone with the Touring in the past (I'm a gadget freak), so I guess this time it'll be between the EX-L (the highest gas trim) and the Sport Touring. I'm mostly a low-mileage city driver with an annual 1200-mile road trip, so I'm not sure how worth it the hybrid would be. Then again, the Touring has all the tech... I suppose when I get closer to March I'll ask what the lease prices for the two models will be, and see how much of a premium the hybrid will be.
Based on my experience, you're better off with the hybrid for city driving. Mileage drops significantly at highway speeds.

#4 · (Edited)
I have been awaiting this announcement, as I expected to trade in my current CRV for the New Model. But unless I am missing something, this is what I see…
1. Minimal new features.
2. Higher cost.
3. No MPG improvement.
4. Even on the $40K Touring, lacking several luxuries of its competitors (Pano Roof, Heads Up Display, Ventilated Seats).
5. However, it is a nice redesign on the outside.

Can someone inform me of something I might be missing here?

#5 ·
I have been holding off trading in my CRV for this announcement. But unless I am missing something, this is what I see…
1. Substantially higher cost.
2. Minimal new features.
3. No MPG improvement.
4. Even on the $40K Touring, lacking several luxuries of its competitors (Pano Roof, Heads Up Display, Ventilated Seats).
5. However, it is a nice redesign on the outside.

Can someone inform me of something I might be missing here?
The Touring model is pretty damn close is proving to the 2022 Hybrid Touring. Some were predicting a substantial price increase.

#7 ·
Honestly it does not look like pricing has moved up all that much on the new gen6. About what we typically see from generation to generation over the years. Each of the trims are better equipped than their predecessors, so it would appear that Honda is accelerating the pulling forward of features that used to only be available on the top trims.,

The one outlier is the Sport Touring... which is clearly meant to be an expensive top end hybrid offering by Honda. It's price is notably higher than the rest of the models. I really thought Honda was eliminated these odd high end trims as part of their simplifying the brand program by the Honda CEO. So makes me wonder what marketing chimp in Honda US got them to make the Sport Touring trim.

It would appear that Honda is adopting the "Sport" label for all their hybrids. I'm just not sure where they are going with this approach branding wise... but I guess time will tell.

#12 · (Edited)
Honestly it does not look like pricing has moved up all that much on the new gen6. About what we typically see from generation to generation over the years. Each of the trims are better equipped than their predecessors, so it would appear that Honda is accelerating the pulling forward of features that used to only be available on the top trims.,

The one outlier is the Sport Touring... which is clearly meant to be an expensive top end hybrid offering by Honda. It's price is notably higher than the rest of the models. I really thought Honda was eliminated these odd high end trims as part of their simplifying the brand program by the Honda CEO. So makes me wonder what marketing chimp in Honda US got them to make the Sport Touring trim.

It would appear that Honda is adopting the "Sport" label for all their hybrids. I'm just not sure where they are going with this approach branding wise... but I guess time will tell.
They had previously announced that in the US, the "Sport" would be the hybrid models, which I agree is not consistent with their use for other models, especially the HR-V which is also all-new for 2023. But the pricing for that model is pretty equivalent to the pricing for the 2022 Hybrid Touring, which is good. Also, the jump from the EX-L to the Touring is equivalent to the previous jump from gas to hybrid for 2022 models, even with additional upgrades from EX-L to Touring...

#15 ·
“The CR-V's new pricing now makes it the most expensive crossover in the segment. The Toyota RAV4, Ford Escape, Mazda CX-50, Hyundai Tucson, Kia Sportage, Subaru Forester and Chevy Equinox all start under $30,000 including destination charge. Some of those models, such as the CX-50 and Forester, offer standard AWD, too. Pricing narrows with the hybrid, but the CR-V hybrid is still more expensive than competitors such as the RAV4 Hybrid, Escape Hybrid, Tucson Hybrid and Sportage Hybrid. The RAV4 and Tucson both offer standard all-wheel drive with their hybrids, too.”

#26 ·
i'm excited these details are published but it will take me seeing/test driving one to know. at 40k before taxes and all the fees probably closer to 45k. at that price point its bordering on luxury territory. mid level trim acura rdx 5k more. will be interesting to get a feel for the new crv when they get into showrooms in q4.

#28 ·
My belief is that the Sport Touring exists in the line up simply to test the market for how deep into buyers pockets Honda can go with CRVs without flopping in terms of sales. :p I am positive a comparably equipped RDX would be at least 5-7K higher in price. The key here though is "comparably equipped" because Acura kind of goes it's own way on features and feature additions compared to the Honda. Further, Honda does not want CRV sales eating into RDX sales.... hence the completely different power trains and resulting differences in performance.

The Sport Touring it is such a jump in price from the other trims, that is the only thing that makes sense. In other words, its for the avid CRV owner who wants all the bells and whistles, and then some. Which should not be confused with thinking it has everything every competing compact SUV on the market has.. only that it is a tricked out feature set for a gen6 CRV.

Personally I bet it is pulled from the line up in future years, no later than the midlife refresh, due to sluggish sales of that trim level. :)

#27 ·
I also think pricing is fair, Not great ( I wish the trims above the EX like sport trim got wireless apple car play and 9inch screen )
Would have been even better but at the same time it’s not unfair /bad pricing for the size updated interior and exterior and the features
Now just gotta wait for the car to arrive into my garage :))))

#34 ·
Found this pricing on line yesterday I posted the question on pricing and how they were no info
The complete price list is in the first post.....the official press release.

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but does the '23 CR-V share the RDX platform?
No sir, shares platform with 11G Civic I believe....

#36 ·
They used to both be built on a common platform based on the Civic. CRV still is.

As of 2019, Acura RDX is claimed by Acura to be built on it's own platform. Odd as most companies are trying to harmonize platforms across their brand extensions. So maybe the platform is extremely similar, but essentially masked by re-branded as they try to continue to distinguish Acuras from their Honda siblings.

#33 ·
Hello CRV friends , I’ve been a very satisfied 2017 EX 1.5 owner all these years . I also appreciate the cordial banter between all parties. Opinions are just that …opinions,which in the end adds to everyones product knowledge . While saying that does anyone have more accurate info of the color choices (visual reference) of the 2023 CRV lineup. I love my pearl white CRV but if the new colors were different I might change my mind for a possible future replacement. Is the Sonic Grey changing to a lighter hue. Thanks for the much appreciated input.

#35 ·
this Is what those in Canada who have placed orders have seen:

Platinum White Pearl
Lunar Silver Metallic
Urban Grey Pearl
Meteor Gray Metallic
Crystal Black Pearl
Still Night Pearl
Canyon River Pearl
Radiant Red Metallic

Not all colors are available at each trim level. All the colors are existing Honda ones, except for Canyon River, but if you google that that seems to be what some of the media vehicles were and you can see pics/vids.

#38 ·
Anybody have advice for buying/ordering a 2023 CRV Touring at MSRP? My longtime Honda dealer in DC just quoted this astronomical $6K markup over MSRP. Guess being a loyal customer counts for nothing:

"The breakdown for the Sport Touring Hybrid is below-

Sale Price- 38600.00
Freight- 1245.00
ADM- 5995.00 <--!!!!!!!!
Door guards/ wheel locks- 443.00
Processing- 500.00
Taxes- 2806.98
License/ title- 299.00

Total- 49,888.98

All we need is a 500 dollar deposit to hold the car for you! "

#41 ·
Thing is - its a new car. Demand is high, dealers wont all have the same allocation(s) and supply is limited, notwithstanding supply chain issues.

Personally, I'd wait - not just because supply will improve, but also because of inflationary pressures - rumour has it the Fed is about to hike rates again - that will do no favours for buyers who need financing.

(Plus, everyone will be broke by January, best time to buy, post-festive period!).

#44 ·
i don't think the supply issue will improve anytime soon, at least not the next 12 month as China still doing the zero covid policy
The interest rate keep hiking too, the longer you wait, the more interest you have to pay (if finance)
Since my current vehicle inspection due by the end of October, i will try to get the Gen6 before November
Luckily, i found a dealer put me on the list without markup

If any of you able to get the sticker price, go for it .
If dealer mark up over the MSRP, blacklist them and don't spoil greedy dealer.
we have entered the recession, people will not spend with the poor stock market and high interest rate

#45 ·
Thanks all -- I just discovered this site, Markups.com which is apparently crowd-sourced info on dealer upcharges:

Looks like my "longtime, trusted" :rolleyes: dealer charges more than just about any other Honda dealer in my state

Time to find a new one!
the one Honda dealer listed for my state shows no markup for last year’s hybrid CR-V and amazingly enough is the one where I have a deposit for a 2023. We have maybe 7 dealers in our metro area…

#47 ·
NOTE: there is a pending rail strike in the US, which could cripple all rail traffic as soon as this weekend.

IF that happens, owners with vehicles on order from the factory are going to have to prepare for some possibly major delays in delivery to your dealer. I doubt Honda or any other brand has a backup plan to rail shipment for all but the last mile of delivery to dealers.

#50 ·

View attachment 157599

(We'll aim to open the 6G forum section around the end of Sept 2022, so that forum members who are actually buying, can share details of pricing etc here)
Been waiting all summer for these new models to show up. Wanting to see the Sport Touring Hybrid in the showroom. All we know is that they are in "transit".

#51 ·
Well, since the lease on our 2022 EX-L isn’t over till the fall of 2025, that will give Honda some time to shake out the new generation gremlins and hopefully for the market to shake out too! I’ll be looking at your Gen 6 posts with great interest.

#57 ·
From the redline reviews, the 1.5t feels sluggish compared to 5th gen. 9 + second to 60. That doesn't sound right, especially when the torque is coming early in the rpm. So either CRV has gotten heavy or there is some fine turning left in the pre production tester.

Reactions: mmckechnie
#60 ·
My view: inaccurate reporting by redline.

My second view: 0-60 is a worthless metric for a consumer motor vehicle. What matters is how the vehicle handles, drives, and if the torgue needed for the CVT to meet driver demands is sufficient for all driving conditions. A CRV is not a sports vehicle, and never will be (no matter what badges Honda chooses to put on them :p ).

The 1.5T has actually been retuned to provide more perceived pep at lower rpms than the gen5s. I doubt that improves the 0-60 numbers much, if at all. The gen5 and gen6 are probably roughly the same gross weight, and the engine is slightly uptuned from gen5. I fully expect the gen6 will be a bit more nimble on acceleration in city street driving (where it is most needed) and will perform exactly like the gen5 in highway driving at speed. The CVT is new for gen6, based on the descriptions of some of it's new features.

#68 · (Edited)
Who cares about the 0-60. The CRV has always been a slow vehicle.

The bigger issue is the higher price and lack of new features. There’s only 2 interior color options now, lol. Black or Grey. Also, most of the interior is a copy/paste of the civic & accord.

The $35K EXL has no ports in the back? They also got rid of the handles to release back seats from hatch? They got rid of the LED turn signals from previous model? Also got rid of fog lights? I don’t get it ..