Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 122 Posts

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thing is - its a new car. Demand is high, dealers wont all have the same allocation(s) and supply is limited, notwithstanding supply chain issues.

Personally, I'd wait - not just because supply will improve, but also because of inflationary pressures - rumour has it the Fed is about to hike rates again - that will do no favours for buyers who need financing.

(Plus, everyone will be broke by January, best time to buy, post-festive period!).

·
Registered
2022 CRV Touring
650 Posts
Anybody have advice for buying/ordering a 2023 CRV Touring at MSRP? My longtime Honda dealer in DC just quoted this astronomical $6K markup over MSRP. Guess being a loyal customer counts for nothing:

"The breakdown for the Sport Touring Hybrid is below-

Sale Price- 38600.00
Freight- 1245.00
ADM- 5995.00 <--!!!!!!!!
Door guards/ wheel locks- 443.00
Processing- 500.00
Taxes- 2806.98
License/ title- 299.00

Total- 49,888.98

All we need is a 500 dollar deposit to hold the car for you! "
Taxes where I live are 10.3% -- making it even more expensive !!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thing is - its a new car. Demand is high, dealers wont all have the same allocation(s) and supply is limited, notwithstanding supply chain issues.

Personally, I'd wait - not just because supply will improve, but also because of inflationary pressures - rumour has it the Fed is about to hike rates again - that will do no favours for buyers who need financing.

(Plus, everyone will be broke by January, best time to buy, post-festive period!).
i don't think the supply issue will improve anytime soon, at least not the next 12 month as China still doing the zero covid policy
The interest rate keep hiking too, the longer you wait, the more interest you have to pay (if finance)
Since my current vehicle inspection due by the end of October, i will try to get the Gen6 before November
Luckily, i found a dealer put me on the list without markup

If any of you able to get the sticker price, go for it .
If dealer mark up over the MSRP, blacklist them and don't spoil greedy dealer.
we have entered the recession, people will not spend with the poor stock market and high interest rate

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks all -- I just discovered this site, Markups.com which is apparently crowd-sourced info on dealer upcharges:

Looks like my "longtime, trusted" :rolleyes: dealer charges more than just about any other Honda dealer in my state

Time to find a new one!
the one Honda dealer listed for my state shows no markup for last year’s hybrid CR-V and amazingly enough is the one where I have a deposit for a 2023. We have maybe 7 dealers in our metro area…

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,968 Posts
Anybody have advice for buying/ordering a 2023 CRV Touring at MSRP? My longtime Honda dealer in DC just quoted this astronomical $6K markup over MSRP. Guess being a loyal customer counts for nothing:

"The breakdown for the Sport Touring Hybrid is below-

Sale Price- 38600.00
Freight- 1245.00
ADM- 5995.00 <--!!!!!!!!
Door guards/ wheel locks- 443.00
Processing- 500.00
Taxes- 2806.98
License/ title- 299.00

Total- 49,888.98

All we need is a 500 dollar deposit to hold the car for you! "
Well:
You cannot avoid taxes, which do not count as part of MSRP, but still hit your wallet.
You cannot avoid the freight fees, which are also not technically part of MSRP (which is why they break it out separately), but it still hits your wallet.
Title and License also cannot be avoided, not legally anyway.
Processing sounds like a frivolous markup by the dealer, and is probably to help pay for overhead of the sales side of the dealership.

I gather ADM is the dealer adjustment (markup) in a scarce market... which to me would be grounds to leave that dealership. Honestly, I am surprised Honda Corporate even allows them to do this as it really does hurt the buyer perception of the brand.

Door guards and wheel locks are NOT needed in my view, and the OEM after market installs by dealers carries a high markup. I'm not even sure they can force you to buy them, especially if you insist they remove them.

Buying any new vehicle is expensive, especially so in this extreme sellers market. Fact is no dealer can force you to buy a CRV from them. If they want the sale they either get rid of some of the silly nonsense they have added, or they forgo the sale.

·
Premium Member
9,968 Posts
NOTE: there is a pending rail strike in the US, which could cripple all rail traffic as soon as this weekend.

IF that happens, owners with vehicles on order from the factory are going to have to prepare for some possibly major delays in delivery to your dealer. I doubt Honda or any other brand has a backup plan to rail shipment for all but the last mile of delivery to dealers.

·
Premium Member
9,968 Posts
Thanks all -- I just discovered this site, Markups.com which is apparently crowd-sourced info on dealer upcharges:

Looks like my "longtime, trusted" :rolleyes: dealer charges more than just about any other Honda dealer in my state

Time to find a new one!
FACT: my dealership where I have service work performed on my Honda is great for service and maintenance ... but I would never buy a new vehicle from them, because they do absurd markups and addons, and have done so since before the pandemic. [And on a humorous note, this was also the last Honda dealer in my area to still have any notable inventory on their lots during the pandemic... so they had to carry inventory much much longer than other dealers in the area.. which does cost them money... so they kind of shot themselves in the foot].

So I buy from the TrueCar recommended dealer in my area, and they NEVER markup or put additional items on vehicles without customer request. I will continue to use the dealer I do for service work, as they are closer and they do excellent work... I just have to be mindful that they will try to upsell some services, which I simply decline and we both move forward with the service my MM actually says my CRV needs.

As buyers/owners, it is our responsibility to just say no to prices, services, etc that are not appropriate in each of our own personal perspectives.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
i don't think the supply issue will improve anytime soon
Apologies, I should have quantified my statement by saying supply chain issues will improve eventually (longer term), just not perhaps in the next 6-9 month window.

The interest rate keep hiking too, the longer you wait, the more interest you have to pay (if finance)
Not just finance, but bank lending rates too - but given how lethargic the Fed has been to date, anything less than a 100 basis point rise is not worth the paper its printed on....

·
Registered
42 Posts

View attachment 157599

(We'll aim to open the 6G forum section around the end of Sept 2022, so that forum members who are actually buying, can share details of pricing etc here)
Been waiting all summer for these new models to show up. Wanting to see the Sport Touring Hybrid in the showroom. All we know is that they are in "transit".

·
Registered
2022 Honda CRV EX-L
277 Posts
Well, since the lease on our 2022 EX-L isn’t over till the fall of 2025, that will give Honda some time to shake out the new generation gremlins and hopefully for the market to shake out too! I’ll be looking at your Gen 6 posts with great interest.

·
Registered
20 Posts
NOTE: there is a pending rail strike in the US, which could cripple all rail traffic as soon as this weekend.

IF that happens, owners with vehicles on order from the factory are going to have to prepare for some possibly major delays in delivery to your dealer. I doubt Honda or any other brand has a backup plan to rail shipment for all but the last mile of delivery to dealers.
NS just released a notice that they have reached an agreement with the union

·
Registered
908 Posts
There was a time when a first year example of a new model from Honda seemed a safe bet. Not sure that’s the case anymore, but add in dealer markups and inability to negotiate down from MSRP, avoiding 2023 and maybe 2024 model years seems a good strategy to me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Taxes where I live are 10.3% -- making it even more expensive !!
Ouch! That’s just not right!…. My 6.25% is too much already.

Reactions: Jayceegee

·
Registered
243 Posts
From the redline reviews, the 1.5t feels sluggish compared to 5th gen. 9 + second to 60. That doesn't sound right, especially when the torque is coming early in the rpm. So either CRV has gotten heavy or there is some fine turning left in the pre production tester.

Reactions: mmckechnie

·
Premium Member
9,968 Posts
From the redline reviews, the 1.5t feels sluggish compared to 5th gen. 9 + second to 60. That doesn't sound right, especially when the torque is coming early in the rpm. So either CRV has gotten heavy or there is some fine turning left in the pre production tester.
My view: inaccurate reporting by redline.

My second view: 0-60 is a worthless metric for a consumer motor vehicle. What matters is how the vehicle handles, drives, and if the torgue needed for the CVT to meet driver demands is sufficient for all driving conditions. A CRV is not a sports vehicle, and never will be (no matter what badges Honda chooses to put on them :p ).

The 1.5T has actually been retuned to provide more perceived pep at lower rpms than the gen5s. I doubt that improves the 0-60 numbers much, if at all. The gen5 and gen6 are probably roughly the same gross weight, and the engine is slightly uptuned from gen5. I fully expect the gen6 will be a bit more nimble on acceleration in city street driving (where it is most needed) and will perform exactly like the gen5 in highway driving at speed. The CVT is new for gen6, based on the descriptions of some of it's new features.

41 - 60 of 122 Posts