Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
A couple of comments:
One improvement I haven't seen mentioned is an updated AWD configuration that can put more power to the rear (50%, I think). Also the addition of a Snow mode and some kind of hill descent control. No idea how much of this is hardware vs software. All of these are of interest to me.
Local dealers are mostly MSRP if you are a "local" customer (100 mile radius) but requiring about $600 of add ons. So not exactly MSRP. Since I will need some kind of rack for canoes that would take care of it. Plus I plan on a Honda Care plan at a dirt cheap price based on online prices.
The dealer I sat down with had confirmed build dates in Oct so thought they would have some inventory by early Nov, hybrids in Dec. They wanted a $1000 deposit.
Very interested in what will be in the Hybrid Sport package so waiting to see the complete specs before I commit to trading out of my 2017 EX with 116,00 mile. As an old fart, this could be one of my last car purchases.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Not sure whether the US '23 Hybrid will get them, but the deletion of the handles in the boot (sorry, trunk!) to lower the rear seats is a bad move.

I hope they are not deleted on the UK model upon arrival next year....small detail, but a very useful one ever since it was introduced on the 4th Gen, which many other OEMs have copied.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Honda's infocenter page has all more detailed info on all the US trim levels now, including color combinations for all 4, but only complete specs for the non-hybrid trims.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here in Canada I got my build date for my touring hybrid in canyon river blue with a build date of Nov 2 and delivery Nov 21-26.
Also in Canada
When did you order ?
Which province if may ask ?
Damn I got a build date of sept 29 for a sport and delivery date of oct 6-11 I was thinking that’s rather quick after the build, might be another week or so more for me :( based of your timelines

·
Registered
23 Touring Hybrid in blue. (Ordered)
20 Posts
Also in Canada
When did you order ?
Which province if may ask ?
Damn I got a build date of sept 29 for a sport and delivery date of oct 6-11 I was thinking that’s rather quick after the build, might be another week or so more for me :( based of your timelines
I ordered a month or two ago when they first got allocations at my dealership (Manitoba) I think they come from Ontario so depending where you are maybe you’re closer so delivery date is shorter

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,968 Posts
Here in Canada I got my build date for my touring hybrid in canyon river blue with a build date of Nov 2 and delivery Nov 21-26.
Hopefully, Honda is doing better at build and parts supply management than Ford is. Ford announced this week that they have nearly 50,000 vehicles in assembly hold due to missing parts, and will have further delays in ship commitments to their customers. :p

·
Premium Member
9,968 Posts
A couple of comments:
One improvement I haven't seen mentioned is an updated AWD configuration that can put more power to the rear (50%, I think). Also the addition of a Snow mode and some kind of hill descent control. No idea how much of this is hardware vs software. All of these are of interest to me.
Local dealers are mostly MSRP if you are a "local" customer (100 mile radius) but requiring about $600 of add ons. So not exactly MSRP. Since I will some king of rack for canoes that would take care of it. Plus I plan on a Honda Care plan at a dirt cheap price based on online prices.
The dealer I sat down with had confirmed build dates in Oct so thought they would have some inventory by early Nov, hybrids in Dec. They wanted a $1000 deposit.
Very interested in what will be in the Hybrid Sport package so waiting to see the complete specs before I commit to trading out of my 2017 EX with 116,00 mile. As an old fart, this could be one of my last car purchases.
Honda also retuned the 1.5T some as well... to give it more torque for the CVT at lower rpm. That is actually a good move by Honda, as it will make the vehicle more nimble at low speeds from a stop without having to really lean in on the accelerator.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, tweeking the 1.5 is good since it's pretty much adequate in my mind anyway. And if the platform is little stiffer and they adapted the suspension for that I'm sure it will be a nice driver.
Going over the specs now that they are out. Noticed that while the EX gains Snow mode, it loses Sport which only exists in the Hybrids; that's disppointing. And odd little anomalies to save money - cargo cover that came with my 2017 EX is now an add on as are rear seat USB charging ports. But a number of improvements also like wireless charging and Android Auto.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, tweeking the 1.5 is good since it's pretty much adequate in my mind anyway. And if the platform is little stiffer and they adapted the suspension for that I'm sure it will be a nice driver.
Going over the specs now that they are out. Noticed that while the EX gains Snow mode, it loses Sport which only exists in the Hybrids; that's disppointing. And odd little anomalies to save money - cargo cover that came with my 2017 EX is now an add on as are rear seat USB charging ports. But a number of improvements also like wireless charging and Android Auto.
There is a sport mode on the shifter, S, right between drive, D, and low, L. Would this differ from the previous sport mode in the Gen 5? Did the Gen 5 sport mode affect the throttle mapping, CVT, and steering vs maybe just the CVT now on the Gen 6?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I found the way the site showed the various specs a bit confusing. Under the Hybrid tab it specifically mentions Sport mode and the "hybrid powertrain". And, of course, full specs aren't published yet.
Then under EX/L Trims and Specs, See More it lists "3-Mode Drive System incl. Snow and ECON Modes".
So I'm thinking S is Snow in the EX, Sport in the hybrid.
Honda says they want to sell 50% hybrids so maybe that's why they configure it this way?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found the way the site showed the various specs a bit confusing. Under the Hybrid tab it specifically mentions Sport mode and the "hybrid powertrain". And, of course, full specs aren't published yet.
Then under EX/L Trims and Specs, See More it lists "3-Mode Drive System incl. Snow and ECON Modes".
So I'm thinking S is Snow in the EX, Sport in the hybrid.
Honda says they want to sell 50% hybrids so maybe that's why they configure it this way?
If you take a look at some of the first look and first drive/review videos on youtube, there is a drive mode selector on the EX and EX-L that toggles between normal, econ, and snow and then the S on the shifter is sport.

My guess is that it's a less comprehensive sport mode that only puts the CVT into sport mode, so no change to the steering, throttle, instrument cluster, suspension, exhaust, etc whereas sport mode in the Sport or Sport Touring that has sport mode in the drive mode selector probably changes a few more things besides just the transmission.

In the Sport and Sport Touring using the drive mode selector to put it into sport mode might also add more weight to the electric power steering, might send some power to the rear wheels even if on dry pavement, might allow for max use of the hybrid battery and electric motors at the expense of fuel economy, might make the throttle more sensitive, etc.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in Colorado and my dealer just told me they expect hybrids next Feb/March with Honda allocating which models each dealer will receive. She said they have no gas models on the way, but there's a huge demand already.

·
Premium Member
9,968 Posts
Why is this vehicle 1.7k cad which is 1.25k usd more in Canada for same equipped EX-L (we get a heated steering wheel) anything else ? It’s also produced in Canada….
Different features for your trim levels = more money. US and Canadian CRVs come off the same production lines, but are not the exact same set of features.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts