Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

6th Gen Honda CR-V (1.5T / 2.0 Hybrid) All Specification Discussion

132K views 1K replies 179 participants last post by  TheDarkKnight 
#1 ·

Wheel Tire Car Cloud Land vehicle

This section will be opened so people can populate pricing on there, just as soon as we get confirmation of who has taken first delivery :)

See less See more
#224 ·
I have been diligently waiting and looking for any of the 2023 CRV's to show up in Houston. Looking online with the Honda build one 2023 EX and EX-L when you click on inventory it shows 0. Checking with my local dealer they showed 5! When I called the salesman I had been chatting with he said they will arrive around the 26th of October.

I asked him to call as soon as they show up and he promised that he would call. Then I asked about a test drive and he told me we can look but not drive them! They have an EX-L coming in that we want to at least sit in and see what kind of leg room it has versus our 2012 EX-L AWD. It is getting closer but goodness this long to come from Ohio is kind of crazy.

Our intent is if it is ok for my wife then we would order a Sport Touring Hybrid. Looking for fuel economy and comfort, though these will come from their Canadian plant I am told. Anyways if anyone in the Houston region comes across any 2023 models please let me know!

Thanks

#226 ·
I have been diligently waiting and looking for any of the 2023 CRV's to show up in Houston. Looking online with the Honda build one 2023 EX and EX-L when you click on inventory it shows 0. Checking with my local dealer they showed 5! When I called the salesman I had been chatting with he said they will arrive around the 26th of October.
I imagine Honda continues to use some form of allocation system (something they have done for many years) as to which dealer gets priority over other dealers both on delivery quantity and date.

To add to the fog, some dealers are more proactive and coherent in posting their incoming inventory as well. Others appear to prefer to play the "clueless card".

Of course, a lot of sales now are made with refundable deposits against scheduled and allocated vehicles in the production line (something Honda did not used to do)... so really.. any dealer should know what is pending from Honda allocations to them for at least the next 90 days. They may not know VIN numbers, until factory build is underway, but they really should know their next allocation in terms of trim levels and quantity for each. A vehicle actually arriving to a dealer in this market and it not already conditionally presold is probably pretty rare in the market right now.

#228 ·
Most dealers in my area seem to be quoting MSRP but adding on "required" accessories or paint/interior sealants. I'm curious about their markups. If a dealer is adding on $1000 worth of mudflaps, paint sealant, etc, how much is the cash value to them? Do they make 100% on these items? Any educated guesses?

#229 ·
Check here for part pricing.
Without the labor, I would say they comes at 20% of what they offer as packages.

#231 ·
The Canadian price here in Southern Ontario region is $43,390 for the EXL. Dealers have us at their mercy as there are very few deals to be had. The only negotiation we have have is with a trade-in. Still getting more for used cars than pre Covid. Was able to get $5500.00 for my 2010 CRV EXL with Navi. Ordered a white EXL a week ago and was told to expect by mid December. Apparently a huge demand. I have this feeling though that our new CRV will arrive before end of November.

#234 ·
I asked my dealer today who I asked about a sport hybrid touring and he said I'm in luck they just got one off the truck. Getting excited I asked if I could put a deposit and he said opps, not a hybrid but his manager said Honda cut production on hybrids to 40% due to supply chain.
My take based on history of dealer antics is they have no clue, lol.

#244 ·
So now that the hybrid trim is out in the website, I'm severely disappointed on what's included in the sports hybrid.... Not to mention just in general for what's in lused in the trim along with price hikes... But with that said, I know it just came out but will there be eventually a hybrid EXL trim? The sports trim hybrid not including power tail gate is just weird in 2022!

#267 ·
Ive ordered a touring for myself will sell/trade in the 2023 sport that was delivered this month, I was able to secure a touring for December delivery if no delays.

I really want the hybrid efficiency with wireless CarPlay and better quite cabin
(the sport in Canada does come with some nice features like heated steering wheel, standard awd but I feel I the lack of hybrid efficiency + power I will feel in the long run

#268 ·
I just picked up my EXL today
Sorry is night already but its urban gray

after 20 min drive, the wheel is light and handling is great, seats are more comfortable against the last gen.
Engine is very quiet, i haven't get a chance to get on the highway yet, will trying it on Monday when i back to work
the headlamp is very bright, i don't think the need of the fog light, but of coz i couldn't find fog to test it out

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle

#281 ·
What color is this?

Edit : Lol apparentlyi cant read. Somehow i missed the second line
I just picked up my EXL today
Sorry is night already but its urban gray

after 20 min drive, the wheel is light and handling is great, seats are more comfortable against the last gen.
Engine is very quiet, i haven't get a chance to get on the highway yet, will trying it on Monday when i back to work
the headlamp is very bright, i don't think the need of the fog light, but of coz i couldn't find fog to test it out

View attachment 158469

#334 ·
I just spotted something,
the AWD logo is taped on the outside, i thought they laser it on the glass
kinda looks low budget to me

View attachment 158519
Trust me.. if that glass gets damaged somehow in the future, you will be very glad it is not a customer laser etched glass.

Besides.. Honda is simply not a company that is into expensive cosmetics like laser etched glass.

Historically.... AWD badges on CRVs have usually been a small badge affixed to the rear door, not a decal or lazer etched cargo glass.

Of course nothing stops you from paying a service provider to etch whatever you like on your glass. But most people prefer something less permanent and more serviceable.

#284 ·
This new picture has me concerned actually. I have an urban grey ordered because I liked the color on an hrv I saw a few months ago. This picture makes it look much lighter and much more blue. I will have to try and find my old pictures of the hrv. My wife is not a fan of blue vehicles at all and that color would be a deal breaker for her.

#293 ·
I did the same to try it out for a trip and see the mpg on freeway
I babied it at 70miles per hr mpg was 28

I have been trying a few things since my mpg is way off lol

I had 91 miles remaining in my tank
my avg consumption was 27 mph over my first 650miles prior to the trip

it was strictly freeway at speed of 70miles per hr for the trip in my test
distance was 55.9miles according to google maps when I arrived I had 12-13 miles remaining in my tank

quite a big difference obviously no stop and go no traffic and ac/heating were off meanwhile seat warmers were on
Somehow miles calculated by Honda and google in relative difference were off by 22 miles on a 56mile trip??? I mean if it was a few miles I wouldn’t have second guessed it had to go back and do the math ….