Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
101 - 120 of 163 Posts

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
10,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Now this conflicts with today's release info. of having hybrids in both sport and touring, wondering if it changes as per geo-marketing strategy not global.
No conflict at all.

Different markets will get different trims/specs.

When this 6G comes to the UK next Sept 2023, we will have a LOT more features than the USA as we do now on the 5th Gen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No conflict at all.

Different markets will get different trims/specs.

When this 6G comes to the UK next Sept 2023, we will have a LOT more features than the USA as we do now on the 5th Gen.
Yes lately discoveted that its because of diff countries. I wish we would have two hybrids either in sport or EX-L. Now I'm contemplating whether touring hybrid really worth it at high price or I just go non-hybrid at EX-L or sports. Also markups are high, which accumulates to more price in touring overall. But I see conflicting remarks to Gen6 vs Gen5 - comes with pros and cons.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
10,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
But I see conflicting remarks to Gen6 vs Gen5 - comes with pros and cons.
You could say that about anything - including bread and water.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Reactions: patruns

·
Moderate
2,519 Posts
We will probably see a lot less 12V sockets in newer cars as this is a carryover from the days of people smoking in their cars. 9 people out of ten just insert a USB charger there. I bet the built in USB chargers replace the 12V sockets in passenger compartments completely, remaining in the trunk area for coolers, compressors and such.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
10,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Dont forget folks - the 6G video's doing the rounds are of pre-production models.

Very likely that there will still be changes that arent incorporated into these early demo's.....

Reactions: D2s

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Dont forget folks - the 6G video's doing the rounds are of pre-production models.

Very likely that there will still be changes that arent incorporated into these early demo's.....
Something else pre production I found is that, the hybrids are missing the tire repair kit behind the battery. TFL has the load floor pulled out and it's now showing a big empty space. Very sure the final models will have them included.

But I think, the 12v thing, like @mrtn told, will not be coming. They have upgraded to type Cs as well.

EDIT: I stand corrected on the 12V output. They have two now. So they moved from inside the central console to front and rear. I was wondering where to plug in the tire fix pump.

Reactions: awmdlmcrv11

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX AWD 1.5L CVT
5 Posts
I liked the fact that the 5th gen had a more pronounced fender flares, I thought it gave the car a more muscular look while not being too aggressive. While the 6th gen design does look sleek and modern, depending on the angle you look at it, it also looks a bit more bland compared to the previous gen IMO. Either way, I'm looking forward to how this car will continue to evolve, especially on the hybrid tech front cause that's what I'll be looking at when it's time to upgrade my 5th gen.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Where do you see this?
Sorry, miss from my side. Its there outside the storage bin.
one in the front and one in the rear.

Reactions: patruns

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,549 Posts
Positives for me
  • Evolved hybrid powertrain
    • 204hp and 247lbft from more powerful electric morots
    • up to 115 mph electric only cruzing (old was near 80 mph)
    • 1000 lb of towing
  • Hood structs standard and under Hood insulation on higher models.
  • 10 airbags
  • 9 inch screen with wireless AA
  • 12 speaker Bose audio on top trim
  • One touch up and down for all 4 windows
  • LED cabin lighting
  • 8 stage reclining rear seats.
  • Slightly higher cargo capacity
  • Styling & Looks
    • Pleasing and Mature exterior design (front & rear)
    • Love the black 19 inch alloys (I would try to get it to replace my current one.)
    • Love the two lower openings in the front (although fake)
    • Love the duel exhaust openings (one is fake) in the Hybrid (ICE exhausts are hidden!)
    • Love the tail light and headlight designs.
Negatives for me
  • Still no news about the plug-in hybrid
  • Still no spare for hybrid (shows the platform is not really made keeping electrification in mind)
  • Not a big fan of copy paste interior design across Hondas.
  • No ventilated front seats. (asking for massaging seats and extending thigh support are too much in the segment?)
  • No heated rear seats
  • No blinds for the rear windows
  • No Pano Sunroof.
  • No Fog lamps in any trim
  • No full LED for exterior lighting (easy switch though)
  • Lacking the full LCD instrument cluster
  • No house-hold outlet in the rear.
  • Missing the magic touches from Honda when it comes to interior space organization
    • No Magic seats (although it was never there in the last gen)
    • Central console is just a big deep well
    • The rear seats are not really flat folding now
    • Again, No spare for hybrids.
  • No info about 360 deg camera (hope its there)

Has Honda made enough changes for a 2020 EXL person to switch for 2023 Sports Touring - Sadly No.
Hope they made dramatic improvement in the hybrid powertrain department to change my decision.
Most of your "negatives" are actually not realistic expectations considering the price point of CRVs as they are positioned in the market. These are generally features only available in premium brands/models... so you are more likely to find them in the Acura RDX sibling of the CRV when it comes out as a next generation.

·
Premium Member
9,549 Posts
We will probably see a lot less 12V sockets in newer cars as this is a carryover from the days of people smoking in their cars. 9 people out of ten just insert a USB charger there. I bet the built in USB chargers replace the 12V sockets in passenger compartments completely, remaining in the trunk area for coolers, compressors and such.
I keep a voltage meter in my 12 V accessory slot. Great way to keep tabs on the dual mode charging system while driving. I do not want to see the front 12 V port removed completely.

I do see that they have USBC ports with decent charging power in the gen6, so that solves the requirements for the latest phones without needing a 12V port adapter to provide proper charging.

·
Premium Member
9,549 Posts
Highly suspect a plug-in model will come too.

If only because thats what is destined for the UK/EU market in the fall of '23....
Yeah, I could see them releasing a plug-in variant in UK and EU. Not so sure about the North America market though, at least not initially.

All the Japanese brands are really taking their time stepping into plug-ins and EVs, primarily because Japan drivers have not embraced EVs to date. Combine that with the Japanese motor vehicle association declaring that ICE is not bad, ICE running on petrol-chemicals is bad. Their approach however is to move strongly toward hydrogen as a replacement for petrol-chemicals for ICE engines. So it could be that long term, Japan sees ICE continuing, only under a newer cleaner fuel source that does not rely on oil.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
10,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
I don't understand how they rate the new trim,
EX-L doesn't come with the black rim, prettier front grill and rear seat USB-C outlet
Its called product positioning.

No benefit making an all-singing/dancing version which is at a higher price point than people are prepared to pay.

Want features? Pay for it....thats usually the philosophy for all car OEMs....

Reactions: williamsji

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am really seriously thinking about trading my Pilot for the new CRV. Gas mileage alone is a win. I am curious what the new EPA specs will be on the hybrid and standard models. Definitely regret trading in my 2019 CRV for my 21 Pilot.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
10,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
^

Merged to existing thread.

Please can folks CHECK before posting the same stuff over and over....

101 - 120 of 163 Posts