Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
10,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
6th Gen forum section will open soon.

All other 6th Gen media/news/etc should go here.

Offending threads outside of this one will be summarily removed without notice. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I must be one of the only people on here who prefer the look of the Gen 5 over the Gen 6.
The Gen 6 looks like they followed the RAV 4 with that truck looking front end. Anyway maybe it's just me getting older, I was planniing on upgrading but with Gas prices going up and up I am thinking that buying anything short of a full blown EV might be a huge resale loss in 2027 and beyond

·
Premium Member
22 Touring - AWD
58 Posts
I must be one of the only people on here who prefer the look of the Gen 5 over the Gen 6.
The Gen 6 looks like they followed the RAV 4 with that truck looking front end. Anyway maybe it's just me getting older, I was planniing on upgrading but with Gas prices going up and up I am thinking that buying anything short of a full blown EV might be a huge resale loss in 2027 and beyond
I understand totally. Many vehicles I've owned I would say no way am I buying next gen (just because of looks). lol, 2 years later I find myself driving one and 5 or more years later look back and think the old one was ugly:unsure:

·
Registered
Gen 5 CRV
1,330 Posts
I am quite disappointed that the Gen 6 will retain the current 1.5L/CVT config. No power bump. Sad.

I havent read through the economy numbers (if they are even available?) for the Gen 6. Nissan is claiming 37mpg in their latest version of the Rogue.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
10,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
I havent read through the economy numbers (if they are even available?) for the Gen 6. Nissan is claiming 37mpg in their latest version of the Rogue.
Not published...yet.

As for the Nissan.... :ROFLMAO: Only way they will hit that mark is on the back of a tow truck going downhill to the scrapyard!

Reactions: Jayceegee

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
10,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Well..... Nissan has copied Honda. Their Rogue now also has a 1.5L turbo. Its that engine that has a rating of 30/37.
Nissan also part owned by Renault, who spend 8 days a week asleep at the desk or on strike. I wouldnt worry. Anyone can conjure up mpg figures to suit a narrative...

The big bulk of Honda's 6G sales will almost certainly come from the top two trims, which as you know are Hybrid-only.

That said, the 1.5Ts may well be gifted with updated software to make them better. Granted the mpg calc's vary between the USA/UK, but if I can get mid-40mpg (and more) in mine, then stands to reason that the 6G's can and will better that :)

(Although we in the UK will only have the Hybrid, not 1.5T).

Edit/Update

The Rogue has a paltry 3-cyl engine too - the Honda is 4.

No surprises for guessing which will give up the ghost first under the strain!!

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
A friend called and told that he booked 2022 EX-L hybrid. I told him to check if he can wait few months to get 2023 one.
Response he got from his dealer (Seattle) is that even the 2023 gas models are a good six months away. And hybrids are going to take even more time to show up.
Is it true or just them trying to push gen5 out?
Looking at old Honda launches, what should be the ETA of Gen6 on the roads?

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
10,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
End of Q2 or start of Q3.

As for deliveries, dont forget, theres a major component(s) issue across the entire automotive industry....

Reactions: D2s

·
Registered
2 Posts
A friend called and told that he booked 2022 EX-L hybrid. I told him to check if he can wait few months to get 2023 one.
Response he got from his dealer (Seattle) is that even the 2023 gas models are a good six months away. And hybrids are going to take even more time to show up.
Is it true or just them trying to push gen5 out?
A local San Francisco Bay Area dealer told me they don't know when they can order 2023 models, but said their their dealer markups will likely increase more than the 2022 markups and that's on top of any potential MSRP markup. They were open to cancelling my 2022 EXL order and wait for a 2023 if I wanted. Don't know if this is the dealer trying to get rid of the 2022s.

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,550 Posts
I am quite disappointed that the Gen 6 will retain the current 1.5L/CVT config. No power bump. Sad.

The engine does receive some updates in design with the gen6. If you read the press release, they are lowering the rpm set point for the turbo to apply boost (to 1500 rpm) and they have made some other internal changes to the engine, and I am sure they have updated the tuning as well. More of an natural evolution of the engine than a new version. From my perspective, a shortness of power and torque is not a real issue for the 1.5T even in the CRV.

I gather you were hoping for them to offer the 2.0T in the CRV, but that will never happen as it cuts directly into their Acura sibling and Honda really wants to build the Acura brand now, not further undercut it. They might however offer a more highly tuned version (since there is lots of spare tuning space in the stock engine) of the 1.5T if they were to offer a sport trim model.. but it's pretty clear Honda wants to use the extra power of the new hybrid+engine power train as their "sporty" version as it helps promote their goal of more hybrid sales and less traditional ICE sales in coming years.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
As for deliveries, dont forget, theres a major component(s) issue across the entire automotive industry
Because of this reason, I think he is better off with the 2022 one. He don't have any vehicle currently.

dealer markups will likely increase more than the 2022 markups and that's on top of any potential MSRP markup.
Don't want to add pricing discussion here, but he is getting 2022 for MSRP and expected delivery by Aug.
They pushed 30$ worth protective film for 1100$ and will not sell to him without it.

Vehicle price alone has increased by 6k, compared to what I paid for the same trim in Dec 2020:eek:

So like you said, for 2023 he might end up paying well over 10k.

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
10,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Because of this reason, I think he is better off with the 2022 one. He don't have any vehicle currently.
Agree with you on that Sir.

Pricing aside, and not to admonish Honda (USA) build quality etc, but your friend would get a more mature 5G than if he waited for an early 6G.

·
Registered
2017 CR-V AWD EX-L 1.5T, 2018 Accord Touring Hybid
251 Posts
this seems to be the press kit for the next generation.

Highlights for the hybrids:
  • Improved engine with direct injection, 158 HP and 138 lb-ft (although max torque has no relevance).
  • Improved traction motor with 247 lb-ft of torque. Power not mentioned, but I suspect over 190 HP.
  • Combined power increases from 201 HP to 204 HP.
    • This is apparently a different calculation method for combined power, called ISO net. So don't point out that the current system claims 212 HP.
  • Motor and Generator are side-by-side instead of concentric.
  • A two-stage lock-up clutch to enable towing mode. I'm guessing that you choose "towing" while stopped, so it isn't a true second gear for Engine Drive.
  • "Linear Shift Control elevates the driving experience by mimicking the vehicle speed-linked rev feel associated with a conventional drivetrain."

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is apparently a different calculation method for combined power, called ISO net. So don't point out that the current system claims 212 HP.
So Honda figured out that declaring 2 power figures for different markets makes it more complicated. My understanding is they bumped the power from 186bhp (135kw) of the electric motor (EU spec) to 204bhp and it will be the same for all markets. Just a guess though.

·
Registered
2017 CR-V AWD EX-L 1.5T, 2018 Accord Touring Hybid
251 Posts
So Honda figured out that declaring 2 power figures for different markets makes it more complicated. My understanding is they bumped the power from 186bhp (135kw) of the electric motor (EU spec) to 204bhp and it will be the same for all markets. Just a guess though.
All car manufactures "declare 2 power figures for different markets" when the regulations and/or standards for such figures differ in those markets, as they do between the USA and the EU. And one of the complications here is that, to my knowledge, there were no such regulations or for hybrids when the specs for the CR-V hybrid were published. But that seems to have changed, with a hybrid standard called ISO net.

But the complications come from a consumer in one market trying to interpret a number meant for another. And the numbers I mentioned are medant for the USA. The 204 HP is the combined total, not the motor power. I did see one review that said that was 190 HP, but I can't find confirmation of that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just placed a deposit to reserve a 2023 CRV Hybrid sport touring in the US.

They gave me a list of colors (I read it off the computer screen):

Platinum White Pearl (WX - Black Interior, WY - Grey Interior)
Lunar Silver Metallic (SI - Black Interior)
Urban Gray Pearl (GE - Black Interior)
Meteorite Gray Metallic (GC - Black Interior, GD - Grey Interior)
Crystal Black Pearl (BK - Black Interior, BX - Grey Interior)
Still Night Pearl (BM - Back Interior) - deep blue color
Canyon River Blue Metallic (BU - Black Interior)
Radiant Red Metallic (RN - Grey Interior)

Price will be at MSRP (?)

Deliver has been pushed back a month and will most likely be December.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
The wheel cladding (accessory) looks like a bit over done for the V
The remaining styling is really nice.. CRV is grown up and looks as mature as a Pilot from some angles.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
10,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Might look better in the flesh.

Or...

Preview for a TrailSport variant down the pipeline??

·
Registered
2020 Honda CR-V
53 Posts
you and me both. looks more like a pilot than a crv to me. outside of the back, the front, and the overall silhouette doesnt feel and look like a crv at all. I feel like, based on the pictures, it's the front end looking longer and not as slanted as a CRV would. We've been leasing and i was hoping that with the new design we were gonna bite the bullet and get the hybrid for 2023, but yah the looks of it, is not for me. WITH THAT SAID, the dash looks AMAZING tho. Id have to get in one on the floor once our lease is up...

121 - 140 of 164 Posts