Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CR-V Touring
127 Posts
I just placed a deposit to reserve a 2023 CRV Hybrid sport touring in the US.

They gave me a list of colors (I read it off the computer screen):

Platinum White Pearl (WX - Black Interior, WY - Grey Interior)
Lunar Silver Metallic (SI - Black Interior)
Urban Gray Pearl (GE - Black Interior)
Meteorite Gray Metallic (GC - Black Interior, GD - Grey Interior)
Crystal Black Pearl (BK - Black Interior, BX - Grey Interior)
Still Night Pearl (BM - Back Interior) - deep blue color
Canyon River Blue Metallic (BU - Black Interior)
Radiant Red Metallic (RN - Grey Interior)

Price will be at MSRP (?)

Deliver has been pushed back a month and will most likely be December.
thanks - I was hoping once they dropped white they'd add brown or something but I guess not.

This video does a good job of spending some time in the interior (9:30 mark). Is it something with the showroom lights or are the dash/console lights supposed to be blue? All the promo pics I see show them as white. Can't imagine Honda would let us choose the light color.

Haven't seen this discussed much but the one thing I can't get over right now is the move back to the analogue speedometer. Seems like such a waste of real estate and even in the short video pan, you can see the cheap looking plastic dial base. Of all the things I found a bit disappointing, the instrument cluster one gets me. Digital one seems nice. I'm really puzzled why they didn't just center that 7" lcd and call it a day.

Having been conditioned to an all digital cluster the last few years in our gen V, I find it really awkward whenever I get into another car with an analogue guage and a silly little digital one cramed in the middle.

looks like the center console side is still all plastic - at least here in the US. I thought maybe they'd give it a little soft material treatment that looks like the hrv got.

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,551 Posts
The wheel cladding (accessory) looks like a bit over done for the V
The remaining styling is really nice.. CRV is grown up and looks as mature as a Pilot from some angles.

View attachment 156883
That cladding looks like it is for the "ruggedized look" feature set which is becoming a more common option for Honda now days.

When checking the Car & Diver Photo set, I don't see this, but the more normal cladding. View Photos of the 2023 Honda CR-V

I personally would not accessorize a CRV with the "rugged look" assecssories. :)

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,846 Posts
I may have missed a comment on this, but why doesn't the Gen 6 Have a pano roof in the US? Does the pano roof continue in Canada/UK) for Gen 6?

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
10,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
I may have missed a comment on this, but why doesn't the Gen 6 Have a pano roof in the US? Does the pano roof continue in Canada/UK) for Gen 6?
Acura.

Thats the reason.

Some specs will be for that brand and not Honda.

While we in the UK will almost certainly get a Pano roof like the 5th Gen because we dont get Acura, we'll be battered on price for the "privilege".

Reactions: williamsji

·
5,846 Posts
Acura.

Thats the reason.

While we in the UK will almost certainly get a Pano roof like the 5th Gen because we dont get Acura, we'll be battered on price for the "privilege".
Could be, but Acura is sold in Canada, and current Gen CR-V there has pano roof. I often don't understand Honda's equipment strategy.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
10,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Could be, but Acura is sold in Canada, and current Gen CR-V there has pano roof. I often don't understand Honda's equipment strategy.
As time goes on, these sorts of regional variations will get smaller in number owing to cost/manufacture.

Highly suspect that both US/Can CR-V 6G will not sport a HUD either. Certainly no reference(s) to it....yet!

·
Premium Member
9,551 Posts
Acura.

Thats the reason.

Yeah, it comes down to cost to produce vs price points sensitivities by market, and Hondas efforts to continue to improve Acura sales means they don't need to offer panoramic roofs on the actual Honda model lineup. When we do see it though, I bet it is reserved for the larger SUVs in the lineup for the US market.

My sense is that right now in the US market, a panoramic roof is NOT a big draw for the purpose of making a buying decision. [Heck many CRV owners never even use their existing sunroof feature either]. If offering US trims with a panoramic roof would improve sales numbers or profit for Honda, you can bet they would offer them. Conclusion: in the US market the demand is just not there at this time.

Personally, I would go out of my way to NOT get a panoramic roof in any new vehicle I purchase. A glass roof is a roof waiting to fail or be damaged, with some rather fantastic drama compared to a normal integrated metal roof.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
10,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
I see the list of colors above and notice the dark color interiors. Does anyone know it a tan interior will be an option?
Honda has not yet publicly released details on trim/specs.

We all have to......wait :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I must be one of the only people on here who prefer the look of the Gen 5 over the Gen 6.
The Gen 6 looks like they followed the RAV 4 with that truck looking front end. Anyway maybe it's just me getting older, I was planniing on upgrading but with Gas prices going up and up I am thinking that buying anything short of a full blown EV might be a huge resale loss in 2027 and beyond
No, I'm with you. I hate the front ends on the new generation of Toyotas and I'm bummed that Honda seems to want to emulate it. Also not happy that the next Gen 6's look to be getting bigger - if I wanted a bigger car, I'd get a Pilot.

·
Registered
2019 Honda CR-V EX 2016 Honda Civic EX-T
25 Posts
I see the list of colors above and notice the dark color interiors. Does anyone know it a tan interior will be an option?
Honda has not yet publicly released details on trim/specs.

We all have to......wait :)

Honda has announced interior color options for the American market in their press release. Tan is no longer an option due to simplification of trims.
CR-V EX features gray or black cloth upholstery with an 8-way power driver’s seat and black trim on the dash. EX-L adds gray or black leather seating surfaces, a 4-way power passenger seat and piano black dash trim.

CR-V Sport comes with exclusive black cloth upholstery and black dash trim, while the Sport Touring comes with either black or gray leather seating surfaces and piano-black dash trim. Both Sport and Sport Touring come standard with a black headliner and orange contrast stitching on the seats (black leather or cloth), console, steering wheel and shifter.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Someone was looking for Spare Tire in the Hybrid..
Unfortunately it's going to be the same as the current Hybrid.

But I am keeping my hopes high that Honda will provide a better organized storage (part is missing currently there in the pictures below) under the load floor this time.
Edit: After looking at the amount of sound deadening material under the load floor, That might as well be sealed shut in the production version.
Also in both the pictures, the tailgate sill came out when the reviewer tried to open the load floor, again hinting that part is not supposed to be removed.

Trunk Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

Car Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design

The gas version is going to get a Donut. and going by the history, a full size should fit in there as well.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gramophone record Rim Automotive design

Images taken from TFL video reviews of 2023 CRV.

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
my dealership here in Canada has already been allocated some 23 Hybrids in the Touring hybrid trim. I put a deposit down on a blue one. Has a delivery ETA of sept 26-Oct 1st. :)
Congrats, you should be one of the first members here to own one, so soon.

·
Registered
23 Touring Hybrid in blue. (Ordered)
6 Posts
Congrats, you should be one of the first members here to own one, so soon.
I’m sure the first batches of CRVs will all be delivered around then. Maybe other dealerships just haven’t said anything cause there’s no pricing available yet. Or maybe they’re just assuming the crv will be a 23… but they seemed pretty sure it was. I think the first one actually had a delivery ETA of 21-Sept but it was white and I wanted the blue

·
5,846 Posts
my dealership here in Canada has already been allocated some 23 Hybrids in the Touring hybrid trim. I put a deposit down on a blue one. Has a delivery ETA of sept 26-Oct 1st. :)
How exciting! Can't wait to see pictures, and your first comments about the '23 CRV.

·
Premium Member
9,551 Posts
Congratulations, in advance. :)

The biggest thing that concerns me right now about getting any new vehicle is not initial early generation unique issues, but rather.. what happens if I need warranty service in the next year or so... because I bet there are no parts in the warranty supply chains, given they are using every part they can to build vehicles.

My wife has a new vehicle incoming shortly, and we plan to retain her 2018 Accord for at least the next 6-12 months, just in case her new vehicle has an early issue and bumps up against parts shortages. Sad to think that supply chain issues are so big right now, that keeping a spare vehicle on standby is now becoming a logical decision if the cost of doing so is not an issue.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
My wife has a new vehicle incoming shortly, and we plan to retain her 2018 Accord for at least the next 6-12 months, just in case her new vehicle has an early issue and bumps up against parts shortages. Sad to think that supply chain issues are so big right now, that keeping a spare vehicle on standby is now becoming a logical decision if the cost of doing so is not an issue.
I'm not understanding this logic. If a warranty issue arises where they are unable to source parts, wouldn't Honda supply a loaner? There are a few on the Ranger forum that are having this issue, but they are not left out in the cold with no vehicle. I would be shocked if Honda treats its customers with less than their usual high level of customer service.

As far as the old Accord, you can probably recoup what you paid for it in these times. I doubt the value will stay at its current level in a year, but I'm no physic. :)

·
Premium Member
9,551 Posts
I'm not understanding this logic. If a warranty issue arises where they are unable to source parts, wouldn't Honda supply a loaner? There are a few on the Ranger forum that are having this issue, but they are not left out in the cold with no vehicle. I would be shocked if Honda treats its customers with less than their usual high level of customer service.

As far as the old Accord, you can probably recoup what you paid for it in these times. I doubt the value will stay at its current level in a year, but I'm no physic. :)
1) Murphys law. If you prepare for something, that something never comes by to bite you. If you don't you get bit in a most inopportune manner. Chance outcomes favor the prepared, and can be merciless to the unprepared.

2) Owners who have a warranty claim and long lead time to repair have been reporting refusal of loaner cars in some cases. So it is a valid concern.

Think about it.. they have literally almost no vehicles on their lots to sell, new or used, so how would many dealers provide loaner cars even if they wanted to? The fall back under warranty has been to provide a rental vehicle (for a very limited time duration) in years past, but I very much doubt Honda, or any company is willing to pay for the cost of a rental car for months.

I do however expect that there may be more offers to "buy back" a vehicle that will end up sitting for months due to parts shortages. Toyota just offered to buy back all early BZ4X EVS, due to a recall for, and I kid you not... "wheels falling off". Lucky for Toyota there are only a few hundred in the field, but they do not yet know cause and have a solution.

As for holding on to our Accord until next year, I prefer the certainty of a back up transportation vehicle, rather than gleaning a bit more money off the used vehicle market. It's been a great vehicle so far, and frankly if I had to drop one vehicle today, I would probably keep the Accord and let the CRV go and then buy a new one later when the gen6s have been out for at least one model year.

141 - 160 of 164 Posts