Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

The. Admin. Istrator.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Snow

If the real thing matches this, it'll be a LOT better than what we have in the UK.....

Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
I'm sure the vehicle review sites will be all over this teaser.. trying to eek out what more info they can find anywhere and everywhere.

This article explores it a bit deeper than the Honda teaser. They actually show some side by side comparisons between the styling teased by Honda VS the current HRV. Note that Honda revealed some time ago that they would make a different version of the HRV for the US market.

What I did not realize until I read the linked article was that HRV sales are way up for Honda (and Honda increased production) since they retired the FIT. I guess the HRV was a natural choice for entry level buyers of Hondas when the FIT went bye bye.

Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
I'm sure the vehicle review sites will be all over this teaser.. trying to eek out what more info they can find anywhere and everywhere.

This article explores it a bit deeper than the Honda teaser. They actually show some side by side comparisons between the styling teased by Honda VS the current HRV. Note that Honda revealed some time ago that they would make a different version of the HRV for the US market.

What I did not realize until I read the linked article was that HRV sales are way up for Honda (and Honda increased production) since they retired the FIT. I guess the HRV was a natural choice for entry level buyers of Hondas when the FIT went bye bye.
yea they are able to produce way more of them then most other models.Those looking to cut costs with inflation/layoff/downsizing its a nice option
I was at my buddies dealer yesterday & there was about 8/9 crammed on a trailer for delivery.. all hrvs

The. Admin. Istrator.
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^

Amazed though, that the Jazz (Fit!) Hybrid never arrived on US shores....

Reactions: UK-Kev and beww

Super Moderator
2021 CRV EX-L
No mention of a hybrid.

I would like to see a comparison of the dimensions of the current HRV and the new one. When I bought my CRV last year there was a HRV in the showroom right next to a CRV. It was cute, but just a little too small for my needs.

Registered
2014 EX-L AWD
before the CR-V purchase....i was looking at the HR-V's. then i drove one. i wanted something just a bit more versatile than my current Civic...and the HR-V seemed right. then i drove one. better visibility, better seating position, more cargo room, then i drove one.

just way too underpowered in current version (for own liking). i thought when they introduced the 1.5 turbo for the civic, i thought they would eventually put that in the HR-V or a detuned version of something. maybe this time around, they will put something in there can get out of it's own way.

that was the only reason i don't own one now - first time i was underwhelmed with a Honda product (have owned them since 1988).

i do like the new styling from the few pics available.

The. Admin. Istrator.
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No mention of a hybrid.

I would like to see a comparison of the dimensions of the current HRV and the new one. When I bought my CRV last year there was a HRV in the showroom right next to a CRV. It was cute, but just a little too small for my needs.

Judging by this, the US model of the HR-V is pretty much identical in size to our UK model.

Just a different front/rear end.

Reactions: patruns and UK-Kev

Premium Member
before the CR-V purchase....i was looking at the HR-V's. then i drove one. i wanted something just a bit more versatile than my current Civic...and the HR-V seemed right. then i drove one. better visibility, better seating position, more cargo room, then i drove one.

just way too underpowered in current version (for own liking). i thought when they introduced the 1.5 turbo for the civic, i thought they would eventually put that in the HR-V or a detuned version of something. maybe this time around, they will put something in there can get out of it's own way.

that was the only reason i don't own one now - first time i was underwhelmed with a Honda product (have owned them since 1988).

i do like the new styling from the few pics available.
Yep.. HRV was in my short list when I bought my 2017 CRV, but the lack of power and poorly placed torque curve for the CVT was a deal breaker for me.

I'm sure the next gen HRV will be much better dialed in on powertrain, and I would be 100% there will also be a hybrid version.

Registered
I had an HR-V rental several months ago, and the lack of power and refinement were big drawbacks. Size and utility were good, from my perspective. If they drop in the current Honda hybrid system and improve handling and/or noise, they should have a winner. I鈥檓 not sure how I feel about the choice to copy the Ford Escape styling, though.

Registered
I'm wondering when a turbo engine will make its way into the HR-V? I know that I, for one, would have been tempted to try the HR-V if there were any indication it would have better gas mileage than the CR-V.

The. Admin. Istrator.
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm wondering when a turbo engine will make its way into the HR-V? I know that I, for one, would have been tempted to try the HR-V if there were any indication it would have better gas mileage than the CR-V.
It was available here in the UK with the same 1.5T engine from the 10G Civic on the 2nd Gen HR-V which is now out of production.

But as per Honda UK pricing, it was expensive and I genuinely dont recall seeing a single one on the road.

Registered
I wanted an hrv but salesman talked me out of it .

the honda incentives for the CRV made the monthly lease price for an lx awd crv almost equal to the lease price for a base awd hrv.

I'd imagine the 2023 crv gets the accord engine while this new hrv gets the 1.5 turbo the gen 5 crv's have

The. Admin. Istrator.
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Premium Member
I think it looks good. I'm interested to see what the next-gen CR-V might look like, and how they might compare visually.
Visual styling will actually be pretty similar between new HRV and new CRV generations... just based on observed prototypes photographed and reported online. The CRV will be bigger of course, all around, but the key styling approach will be very similar. Especially now that we know Honda has ditched the cheezy rear door handles from the first gen HRV.

Cabin interiors for both appear to be heading in the same styling and implementation approach as the all new Civic.

Feature styling will be different of course, because more features will be available on the CRV compared to the HRV, in my view.

Registered
08 CR-V EXL 334K and counting!
Visual styling will actually be pretty similar between new HRV and new CRV generations... just based on observed prototypes photographed and reported online. The CRV will be bigger of course, all around, but the key styling approach will be very similar. Especially now that we know Honda has ditched the cheezy rear door handles from the first gen HRV.

Cabin interiors for both appear to be heading in the same styling and implementation approach as the all new Civic.

Feature styling will be different of course, because more features will be available on the CRV compared to the HRV, in my view.
It basically looks like what a modern Gen 1 CRV would today, and about the same size too-the CRV has grown over the generations and the new HRV seems to be backfilling the size the CRV used to be.

The. Admin. Istrator.
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It basically looks like what a modern Gen 1 CRV would today, and about the same size too-the CRV has grown over the generations and the new HRV seems to be backfilling the size the CRV used to be.
Its not the same size at all. 1st Gen is still significantly bigger than this new HR-V.

You'll notice it when you folks in the USA get to see it in the flesh.

Reactions: baby_monkey
1 - 20 of 43 Posts