Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
To answer your question, yes. The dilemma is a rubber compound suited for lots of snow will be very soft (Blizzak) which means it will wear down more quickly in Summer driving. Craig

·
Registered
544 Posts
But the Blizzak rides so smooth and silent in the warm weather.
I put my Blizzaks on last winter and kept them on because I didn't want to shell out the dough for new rims, air pressure thingamajigs, etc.
I know a couple others in my area that do the same.
I drive maybe 9000 miles in a busy year, generally around 8k so I'll still get good mileage out of the tires before they need replacing.

·
Registered
774 Posts
But the Blizzak rides so smooth and silent in the warm weather.
I put my Blizzaks on last winter and kept them on because I didn't want to shell out the dough for new rims, air pressure thingamajigs, etc.
I know a couple others in my area that do the same.
I drive maybe 9000 miles in a busy year, generally around 8k so I'll still get good mileage out of the tires before they need replacing.
What you say is true. The Catch 22 is after about 1/3 tread wear, the soft compound is gone and you're left with a regular tire. There are TONS of used sets of Blizzaks for sale on CL and I suspect that when folks realize the advantage is gone, they're left with a very ordinary tire ! Craig

·
Registered
544 Posts
Sigh...there is always something to upset the darn apple cart.
I would like new rims...

·
Registered
774 Posts
Sorry to ruin your day Kai !! Upstate NY probably gets more snow than we do so your argument makes more sense !! I got another set of OEM wheels off CL for cheap and bot a set of Cooper SRX's for Winter use. The best part is the retailer will rotate them for free forever and that includes Summer to Winter and vice versa !! Doesn't get much better than that !! Craig

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well done.
Make sure to post a review of the tires when they get some miles on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.