Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 EX-L

This is the second time that the exact same issue has happened - I'm sitting in a parking spot with the car on, and all of the sudden all the system lights come on and say they have problems, and my parking brake becomes activated. Can't turn switch the parking break so I'm stuck in the parking spot. Eventually I have to activate then deactivate the automatic parking break and all the warning signs go away and I can move the car again.

I've read in the threads that I need to get it to the mechanic when it's having this issue, but the car won't drive and I don't want to pay for a tow job if I can figure out how to get it to drive.

Here's a video of all the lights that come on when I would turn on the car -

Dealership didn't have any suggestions the first time it happened - now that it has happened twice, I'm much more concerned.

·
Registered
35 Posts
2017 EX-L

Dealership didn't have any suggestions the first time it happened - now that it has happened twice, I'm much more concerned.
Did the dealership see that vid and not offer to diagnose ? If so, may want to find another dealer if feasible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the dealership see that vid and not offer to diagnose ? If so, may want to find another dealer if feasible.
Just took the video when it happened today. Last time I was just verbally explaining it. Will definitely be bringing in the video this time once we can get an appointment.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
3,920 Posts
Just took the video when it happened today. Last time I was just verbally explaining it. Will definitely be bringing in the video this time once we can get an appointment.
ALWAYS bring a dealer video proof of this sort of thing. It saves both you and the dealer a lot of time discussing next steps.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
3,920 Posts
Looks like the classic signs of a failing battery. I would also check the battery connections.
Could be, but I would have expected the dealer to be right on that. A low battery may still be able to start the motor, yet can glitch multiple systems during engine start and trigger a major alert light show.

Heck.. my Honda dealer is sending out an email to me every month or two letting me know they would be happy to run a full test on my starter battery if I want.

The light show and malfunction cascade of systems certainly is consistent with a failing battery and a 2017 could certainly be due for a new battery, especially if the battery has been persistently left in a low charge state due to not driving much OR if the battery has never had routine maintenance checks applied, and electrolyte levels checked at least once a year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts