Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

All the dash lights and warning signs are going off!

1791 40
My wife went out to start her car and it started fine. But... all the dash lights and warning signs are going off. To turn off the motor she had to press the start button 2x or hold it in for a few seconds. Any idea what caused this? 2018 CR-V Touring w/ AWD 38,000 miles and bought new. This has never happened before (no issues ever).
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· The. Admin. Istrator.
12,428 Posts
Usual symptoms of a dying battery.

Are you running the original?

If so, dump it and get a new one.

The errors will still show, but a 10-15 min drive clears them.

· Premium Member
6,277 Posts
this works for me only had the issue once and what I share to all. what is the voltage measure of your battery is it reading -11.25vdc (example) till we know, its not guessing to change the battery, its knowing the battery if its bad or not by getting it checked.

· Premium Member
6,277 Posts
The life of today's Battery is about 36 months. remember security codes for the car if loss of power, that can lock the radio and others out. etc.

when you get your car to someone who is doing the bat, report back if its fixed

· Registered
2018 Honda CR-V AWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The life of today's Battery is about 36 months. remember security codes for the car if loss of power, that can lock the radio and others out. etc.

when you get your car to someone who is doing the bat, report back if its fixed
She got 49 months out of her battery, so I guess that's good. Where do I find the "security codes" you're talking about?

· Registered
2 Posts
This same thing happened about a month ago to me. I was at 32K and got 39 months out of the original battery.
Bought a new one from Sam's club and installed it.
No need to back up codes for me (EX) not sure if it is different if you have NAV

· Registered
2018 Honda CR-V AWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I replaced the battery (Costco for $109.99) and took it for a short ride. The radio and navigation work but the dash is still throwing all the same codes (see fishycomics video, post #6) as it was earlier. What's next?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts