Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 CRV and about yr ago All of the dashboard warning lights came on...this has been an on going issue....
.. they just replaced the whole fuel system because I was told that all of the warning lights on my Dashboard were because of the injectors.... I didn't understand why ALL of the warning lights would be on... the service writer explained to me that ALL new cars do that now if something is wrong.... humm OK. (This was at a Honda Dealership) So today I went to a private auto repair shop .. he has worked on Hondas for years. I explained what the car is doing... what had been fixed just last week along with what I was told by the service writer. He said that the injectors would not cause ALL the warning lights to come on...however the computers would...as I expected. So I wait for the lights to come back on.. anyone have any ideas I would love to hear them...Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
I read on here somewhere that if one system is not working correctly and it triggered a warning light, that it would effect another system and trigger another warning, and so on, and so on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going to a private shop while trying to get a warranty issue resolved.. not great.
Mention that at the service manager desk and he’ll love to send you on your way & say someone else caused it lol
I didn't take it there to have any work done ...just to basically get another opinion...really.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I read on here somewhere that if one system is not working correctly and it triggered a warning light, that it would effect another system and trigger another warning, and so on, and so on.
There is some truth to this in modern vehicles.

Reason: all the electronic systems communicate with each other.. and who knows what they are actually saying to each other when one system is not working correctly.

Metaphorically: It could be like a room full of sane people with one lunatic yelling FIRE! while standing in front of the door with a lighter in their hands.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I didn't take it there to have any work done ...just to basically get another opinion...really.
Most independent mechanics are actually not qualified to diagnose and work on some of the advanced systems in these modern vehicles. Heck.. even Honda certified techs in the dealerships often have to reach out to Honda tech support engineers during troubleshooting.. something an independent mechanic does not have access to.

Yeah.. I know.. some people believe dealership techs are the worst.. but the reality is.. they cannot touch any system in your vehicle until they are both trained and certified as trained and competent... by.... Honda tech support engineering. And this can be a real pain in the backside for an owner.. because a particular repair, TSB, or recall may be bottle-necked behind a limited number of techs certified to perform said action on your vehicle. I had this issue early on with a recall for the fuel feed lines on my 2017. It was a formal recall, I made an appointment.. and then had to wait several hours for a one hour repair.. because the dealer had only one tech certified by Honda to perform the recall service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't go in for a service... just for a second opinion, I tried to go to another Honda dealership here in our area but they wanted to bring it in and MAYBE I would have an opportunity to speak to the mechanic.... otherwise you have to speak to a service writer.. he told me that the car was designed for All of the warning lights to come on when there was a issue... and I just dont believe that... one maybe two but not every light on the Dashboard...

·
Registered
449 Posts
I didn't go in for a service... just for a second opinion, I tried to go to another Honda dealership here in our area but they wanted to bring it in and MAYBE I would have an opportunity to speak to the mechanic.... otherwise you have to speak to a service writer.. he told me that the car was designed for All of the warning lights to come on when there was a issue... and I just dont believe that... one maybe two but not every light on the Dashboard...
I understand why you wanted a second opinion. Surely a computerized state-of-the art alarm system wouldn't display multiple unrelated alarms over a fuel injector issue. But after following this forum for a few years, sadly it's true.

It also happens when the windshield camera screws up or the main battery starts to fail. From reading the threads a bad battery is the most common cause, as a higher than normal number of 5th Gen's seen to have premature battery failure. One would expect the Charging System alarm to come up before the voltage dropped to a value where other systems started to generate alarms. But alas that does not happen. IMHO the computerized systems are far too sensitive to relatively small voltage drops. In many cases when all the alarms come up the battery still has enough energy to start the engine, so the driver doesn't think it's a battery problem.

Charging system.JPG

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing has just happened to me. EVERY warning light remains illuminated after ignition though the vehicle drives perfectly normally. I'll get it checked out of course, but in my humble opinion it's the Engine Management System crying out for attention again. Usually a reset solves this, least it did when it sporadically went into 'limp' mode a few years ago, after the reset I've had no problems since.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is true in the newer Hondas that multiple systems will throw a warning light when there is a problem in one system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts