Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 EX-L fwd
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this amp installed in 2017-2019 CR-V https://www.crutchfield.com/p_500KTP445U/Alpine-KTP-445U-Power-Pack.html? Had one installed in 2008 CR-V & really enjoyed it.

I guess I have several questions.

1.] Where did you install this amp? In our 2008, there was ample room inside the dash for the installation.
2.] Who installed yours? Our 2008 was installed by the Big Yellow Tag, but it seems that they aren't doing any car audio installation anymore. [In fact, it appears that the BYT store has significantly downsized its car audio section.]
3.] If you DIY'd, how easy/difficult was the entire process, not just splicing the correct leads?
4.] If DIY, where does one get the wiring schematic for the head unit / speaker wiring harness?
5.] Will probably upgrade the speakers afterwards, too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone had this amp installed in 2017-2019 CR-V https://www.crutchfield.com/p_500KTP445U/Alpine-KTP-445U-Power-Pack.html? Had one installed in 2008 CR-V & really enjoyed it.

I guess I have several questions.

1.] Where did you install this amp? In our 2008, there was ample room inside the dash for the installation.
2.] Who installed yours? Our 2008 was installed by the Big Yellow Tag, but it seems that they aren't doing any car audio installation anymore. [In fact, it appears that the BYT store has significantly downsized its car audio section.]
3.] If you DIY'd, how easy/difficult was the entire process, not just splicing the correct leads?
4.] If DIY, where does one get the wiring schematic for the head unit / speaker wiring harness?
5.] Will probably upgrade the speakers afterwards, too.

Thanks.
I have been wondering the same thing. I already have the same amp and would like to just install between the factory head unit and the factory speakers. I have been looking for a harness to go between the two. Maybe even tap into the left 7 right rear channels for a signal to a sub amp. I have found nothing so far.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have been wondering the same thing. I already have the same amp and would like to just install between the factory head unit and the factory speakers. I have been looking for a harness to go between the two. Maybe even tap into the left 7 right rear channels for a signal to a sub amp. I have found nothing so far.
The Metra AX-DSP-HON2, which is normally used to put a DSP between the factory head unit and speakers, might be repurposed as the harness you’re looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts