Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Haley8366, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having battery problems with your new car. From my short time on the forum I have read about several owners who have had battery issues. In some cases the problem was the battery and Honda replaced them under warranty. In others, the car was sold with a battery that was not fully charged and the owner had only driven the car short distances thus never charging the battery up. I read some where that it take about 20 minutes of driving to replace the energy used by the battery just to start the car so if you haven't taken a longish drive yet, you might want to consider taking a cruise to fully charge up the battery. Or as Marty1 suggested, if you can put a battery charger on the battery that could solve your problem. Now, if you are already driving more than 20 minutes after a start, then it could be a defective battery or you have parasitic drain on the battery when the car is parked. Your dealer should have been able to determine which issue you were having. I don't understand why it would take 3 weeks to do a software update, if the car fails to start again, use your Honda care to get the car towed to the dealer, then demand a loaner until your car is repaired.

Reactions: AudiTdi230
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.