Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm from the Philippines, I use Shell V-Power as my gasoline and because of the fuel crisis here many of the shell stations doesn't have V-Power. I don't have any idea which would be the best alternative fuel for Shell V-Power. I'm already running low and I don't want to just charge up with any other gasoline out there. Can someone suggest an alternative gasoline for V-Power? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
There's really not much difference in the major brands. At the end of the day there are only so many refineries anyway. I would just stay with a major label and you'll be fine.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,169 Posts
There's really not much difference in the major brands. At the end of the day there are only so many refineries anyway.
Is this true even in the Philippines?

I'd gladly send hans some of our Ethanol-laced junk....but I don't think he would like using it, much. :mad:

Failing that :D I'd ask the local refiner what gasolines have the characteristics (octane, detergents, etc) he wants. I assume hans has a K20 engine rather than the USA-model's K24?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi dears:
I´m from argentine, we have 3 grade gasoline available.
I ever used medium octane "super gasoline" it have 95 octane.
Let´s remember at the owner´s manual of Honda, it reccomend "unleaded gas". The most important is the unleaded term.
So, the average consumption is about 11 Km/liter @120 Km/hour.
(about 24 Miles/Gallon @ 65 Miles/Hour) Also, full loaded 4 passengers and air conditioned ON. But, No wind-against. It last observation is very important sensitive.
I´m so happy about the relationship.... What about you?
I hope that the reference wil be useful .
Regards:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts