Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to introduce myself, my name is Adam. I've owned a few Hondas in my day from Civics to Integras. I've left the ricer (teggy) scene and recently purchased a nice 2001 Honda CR-V EX w/ 104k miles. I've utilized this site frequently since purchase of the vehicle. I normally join up the forums when I feel the site is right for the information I need. I've already used the forums to work on "Clock Repair" (removal/soldering) and "Cowl Water Leak" (passenger side leak). So far I'm in love with this CR-V and don't miss a second of the 91 Integra I have sitting now. Hopefully I can join one of the meets on the Mid-Atlantic side...

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Over a month of ownership, here's her transformation:

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Can't believe today it's been two years since I purchased this first gen CR-V on May 26, 2014... I'm truly happy with my vehicle and the reliability it has given me... I've hit 130k on the odometer and soon I will be replacing the timing belt, timing belt tensioner, tensioner spring, water pump, ac belt, power steering belt, alternator belt, valve cover (custom), valve cover gasket, perform valve adjustment to ensure the life span of my CR-V to last the years to come... I'm glad to have found parts to customize my CR-V to my liking over the years... Here's her transformation now:

IMG_3660.jpg

I wish there were more members from the Maryland, District of Columbia, and Virginia to plan a meet...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only the best OEM parts when it comes to engine bay area.

cover.jpg

·
Registered
750 Posts
Good luck with that: Is it common that 2001 vehicles are up and running without problems (doing necessary service)? Or is it Honda? Was Honda CR-V better with gen 1 than later generations?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe Honda has always had a superiority in quality before most Japanese vehicles today. I've always been fascinated with the B-series motors before the whole K-series engine came about. Most of the mint Hondas I've come across in my time have been very reliable as long as you give care in to the parts that gets worked through out time. When ever I see a Honda blowing smoke out the tail pipe, I automatically think ragged, red-lined, and/or poorly maintained. As long as these first gens get their proper oil changes on normal intervals and tuned up / valve adjustments, they run past 300k+ mileage. Some people will say that the second gen is the best, but in terms of less electronically driven parts, I believe the first gen is mechanically perfect. I love the first gen's body over the second, but to each their own.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pardon my dirty engine bay...

image.jpg

My engine is refreshed and should last another 100k miles easy.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
My 2001 CR-V about 5 years later... The modifying addiction never stops.

9F53DD7C-0D06-4CB7-B6A8-7978DC2247AF.jpg

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Close to five years of ownership. I’ve learned a lot from this first gen. Time for me to move on...

728D6D72-1A44-4303-985A-C902D9B6001C.jpg

Will be trading my 2001 Honda CR-V EX AWD Auto 158k Miles for a 2000 Honda CR-V LX AWD 5-Speed. I’ve been held back on what engine mods I could perform due to automatic transmission. My good friend has agreed to trade after all the parts and labor performed for suspension/steering/engine&trans mounts/all fluids changed. I’ll be happy to start a new chapter of my CR-V days. I’ve always said I’m sticking to this model and year.

Here’s a sneak peak of the 2000 Honda CR-V LX AWD:

BAF36FAA-F12A-4A01-BC60-7BC03DB1A351.jpg

All that woodgrain is going and given back to my friend to put back on. Rarely ever see these woodgrain trim sets for sale.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The modifying begins... Will probably explore some sort of turbo-charging or vtec action...

Day Three:
4EAACA76-56E5-49E1-8C60-BAF5CFE68B1F.jpg

Engine Bay:
DAC455E5-2DF0-487D-A415-92B846245E91.jpg

·
2,746 Posts
Nice! Wish I had a manual trans! I tried hard to find one here, no luck.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice! Wish I had a manual trans! I tried hard to find one here, no luck.
Trust me I feel your pain. Apparently a lot of the first gen manuals are in California. I’ve only seen a handful in this area. I’m starting to transition myself away from this site to Instagram. Much more followers and people to talk to there on IG.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Close to five years of ownership. I’ve learned a lot from this first gen. Time for me to move on...

View attachment 129849

Will be trading my 2001 Honda CR-V EX AWD Auto 158k Miles for a 2000 Honda CR-V LX AWD 5-Speed. I’ve been held back on what engine mods I could perform due to automatic transmission. My good friend has agreed to trade after all the parts and labor performed for suspension/steering/engine&trans mounts/all fluids changed. I’ll be happy to start a new chapter of my CR-V days. I’ve always said I’m sticking to this model and year.

Here’s a sneak peak of the 2000 Honda CR-V LX AWD:

View attachment 129851

All that woodgrain is going and given back to my friend to put back on. Rarely ever see these woodgrain trim sets for sale.
Very goodlocking woodgrain - the light color is amazing! Wish I could get that light color for my 2010.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ripped all the wood grain off. Couldn’t salvage due to 19 years of seasoned adhesive. Just got my CR-V titled up and inspected. Looking forward to performing engine mods.

Here’s Pickle Rick:
FAB890DF-1F46-4558-AD21-DB251988FA7A.jpg

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just almost a month of ownership of the 2000 LX. Slammed her on some TruHart Air Suspension Kit.

44F5446D-C692-4EA8-8F21-DF7452B78A27.jpg

Think I’m done here. Follow me on Instagram: “ chyea_rd1 “

1 - 19 of 19 Posts