Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I'm hoping someone can lead me in the right direction. I'm adding a new headunit to a 2007 Honda CRV EX with Navigation/amp/subwoofer. I'm not willing to spend $200 for the connections to keep those goodies working, but direct plugging into the new unit results in no sound output. I've read this is because I need to power on the sub to get the 4 primary speakers to respond...is this correct? And if so, What is the proper wire to connect? I have an AMP ON wire from my headunit (pink wire), but I seem to have multiple options on the stock wiring; 2 harnesses describe a "MICU ACC RADIO" connector (which I've read is the proper wire) but I don't know which one I should wire the pink to. One of the MICU wires is in the main harness, the other in a secondary harness that also contains the sub signal, so I'm leaning towards that being correct, but I don't want to blow any fuses or cause other issues.

Thanks in advance! :banana:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello Everyone, I'm hoping someone can lead me in the right direction. I'm adding a new headunit to a 2007 Honda CRV EX with Navigation/amp/subwoofer. I'm not willing to spend $200 for the connections to keep those goodies working, but direct plugging into the new unit results in no sound output. I've read this is because I need to power on the sub to get the 4 primary speakers to respond...is this correct? And if so, What is the proper wire to connect? I have an AMP ON wire from my headunit (pink wire), but I seem to have multiple options on the stock wiring; 2 harnesses describe a "MICU ACC RADIO" connector (which I've read is the proper wire) but I don't know which one I should wire the pink to. One of the MICU wires is in the main harness, the other in a secondary harness that also contains the sub signal, so I'm leaning towards that being correct, but I don't want to blow any fuses or cause other issues.

Thanks in advance! :banana:
Well I got this figured out (apparently it was the red wire in the harness, for anyone curious). My speakers now work!

Now....anyone have success getting the factory rear camera to work in an aftermarket headunit? I'm expected to have to do some DIY wiring (no harness is available I'm sure) but I'm not certain which wires are which, and I'd rather not have to plug back in the old stereo to find out...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts