Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took our 2003 Honda CRV into the Honda Shop in Hillsboro, Oregon to get it checked for winter and a regular service. Found out that we needed a bit of repair work, replacing the Serpentine belt and P & A Drive Belt Tension-er. How thrilling is that.

So now I am searching around the web to learn what that was all about.

Next time to the shop, will be to replace the VTECH Seals. We are not really rolling in dough, so splitting up the repairs a bit helps us a lot.

We purchased the CRV from our neighbor a few years back, and have enjoyed it immensely, and towed it behind our little Class "C" RV.

Now that I just found CR-V Owners Club, I will be excited to see how things go.

My wife Sharon & I live in Forest Grove, OR. There is so much apartment building going on, that our main roads now are hard to get on due to the flow of traffic.

Greeting to all !!

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard! The drive belt & the tensioner is a bit tricky to replace as it's very tight in there. If you need diagrams you can go to hondapartsnow.com

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Serpentine belts and tensioner pulleys generally last many years. How many miles are on the car? It should not need these unless the belt is getting cracked and the pulley is squeaking. These are items service writers will typically use to pad service bills. They are not mechanics, they are salesmen who get paid on commission, so the higher your bill the more money they make. On the vetch seals? Should only ever need replacing if they leak. A good honest real mechanic is way better than a dealership shop any day. Hard to find, but well worth the effort.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,713 Posts
WELCOME! :Group:

If indeed those parts are original (you don't mention mileage) it is Good Practice to change them. Do you hear any noise from the serpentine belt? If not, I'd do the VTEC solenoid first (known weakness on early Gen2) but save up for the belt & tensioner within the next year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.