Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 CR-V Touring that I'm almost completely happy with. I want to add Android Auto, I looked at Car Toys and by the time they had everything required, it was over $2,000. More than I'm willing to pay. I'm curious if anybody has tried using the 2018/2017 head units in the 2015 Touring? The only significant difference that I'm aware of is Honda dropped the passenger side camera in favor of real blind spot warnings in the mirrors. I wouldn't mind losing the passenger camera, I consider it useless anyway. Thanks for any info you can provide.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed, that's why I walked away. In their defense, they did have several components included to get everything to work, passenger side camera, backup camera, Sat Radio, USB ports, etc. Still way too much money.

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX
67 Posts
I have a 2015 CR-V Touring that I'm almost completely happy with. I want to add Android Auto, I looked at Car Toys and by the time they had everything required, it was over $2,000. More than I'm willing to pay. I'm curious if anybody has tried using the 2018/2017 head units in the 2015 Touring? The only significant difference that I'm aware of is Honda dropped the passenger side camera in favor of real blind spot warnings in the mirrors. I wouldn't mind losing the passenger camera, I consider it useless anyway. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Honda CRV Touring trims are the elite trims. However, technology always makes cars look dull quickly. On the other hand, new tech makes old car exciting.

I just replace the following on my hondas:
1) 08 Honda element - replaced head unit with JVC KW-NT810HDT(nav unit) - non carplay/non android -$500

2) 08 Civic ex (navi unit/defective) - replaced head unit with JVC KW-M750BT (carplay/maestro compatible) - $350 (dual camera input - reverse and front); $50 SWC controller

3) 13 Civic HF - replaced with Sony Ax5000 (carplay/androidauto compatible) - $400 + $50 swc controller.

I have also my 2016 crv ex and almost pulled my hair off when they announced the crv2017 with carplay/android auto. It may take another 2 years before i touch the stock radio on this car.

The replacement is bit complicated - if you are DIY savvy you may do it on your own. I'll guide you - but you need to download a lot of audio schematic from honda technoline for $10/day before even planning to buy a radio.

·
Registered
297 Posts
IMO, it's just too much hassle to replace the stock radio in these. I run android auto on my phone and call it good enough (though AA on the phone is soon to go away though in favor of driving mode in google assistant).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.