Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CRV-2005 2.2 Diesel Executive 6MT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an upgrade to my Honda CRV 2005 stock head unit.
At the moment it's just the big radio with storage space underneath, but I want an Android unit that has a big screen.

I know of the ATOTO A6, but that one doesn't fit perfectly in the car. I was hoping someone here knows the perfect unit for a 2005 honda CRV.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm also about to do an audio upgrade in my '07, but I would not trust any of those Chaiwanese head units. I'm going to stick strictly with a brand name, probably Kenwood or Pioneer. I'm refining my search at Crutchfield. Any Double Din will work. I wouldn't want a 10" screen anyway - too distracting for safe driving. Plus I've heard too many nightmares about those other units. Too much money and no solid company backing. Besides, I want good quality solid sound and touch navigation of my stored music files.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Your not going to find stuff you can install apps on like that, not from a reputable brand. There is very strict legal requirements for in dash units and a unit like that would break most of them.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
That's the purpose of Android Auto, which also allows mirroring (the unit synchs with the phone and uses the phone's apps). The good brand name ones have it. But yes, many of these head units are like tablets, in that there are hacks which will allow you to install the Google store app, after which you can install and use any app you can use on a phone, on the head unit. Just do your research before you jump in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts