Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I am running a music app & Waze through Android Auto, the music volume lowers as if getting a notification or navigation instructions, but no instructions actually play. This happens every 5-10 seconds, volume lowers for a couple seconds and then back to normal. Makes music hard to enjoy.

If I use Google Maps for navigation, this does not happen. If I don't use Android Auto, and just feed audio through bluetooth, this does not happen either. It has something to do with the combination of Wave & Android Auto. Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't use Waze in that way but like the post above, I wonder if it could be Waze issuing an instruction. When appropriate, does Waze enunciate properly and audibly? Is there a separate volume control on Waze announcements?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't use Waze in that way but like the post above, I wonder if it could be Waze issuing an instruction. When appropriate, does Waze enunciate properly and audibly? Is there a separate volume control on Waze announcements?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Waze does issue instructions properly at correct volume when a turn is coming up. But volume still lowers in between instructions.
I know there is a separate volume setting for navigation audio vs music audio. This works fine for Google Maps. I don't know if Waze has its audio categorized in Android OS as navigation, I assume so.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could the Waze be taking some voice input (intentional or unintentional) in the background?
I don't think so. Certainly not intentionally. No "Ok google", or "Ok Waze". Also typically, if its waiting for voice input and doesn't receive it, it'll stop listening and go back to normal operation. The repeated lowering of the volume makes it seem like that's not the case.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm part of Waze beta testers.
This morning's update addresses this exact issue.
I haven't experienced it myself so I can't confirm if the problem is fixed or not but at least you'll know they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts