Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the new UI every time I get a phone call or a text message the head unit shows it's own phone and text interfaces sending the Android Auto to the background. It didn't happen with the previous UI. Before the update Android Auto just launched the phone app, or displayed a notification once a text message was received.
I reported it to Google, not sure they will do something with it though.

It's it a common issue?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not any phone gets the update just yet. They release it gradually. I guess every pie phone will be updated till the end of August.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Tried it today. The car notification only showed when android auto was in the background. When AA was on screen it displayed the sms message screen and asked if I wanted to read it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tried it today. The car notification only showed when android auto was in the background. When AA was on screen it displayed the sms message screen and asked if I wanted to read it.
You mean when AA was on screen it displayed the AA SMS message? Or the Honda and SMS message?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Strange, the initial problem disappeared today. Not sure what caused it... The only thing changed I used Google maps today instead of Waze.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts