Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should note that I did see a couple threads here in the forum, and I do not want to rewire the entire car just to get the rear camera and handsfree working. I am hoping things have since improved and become much easier.

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX
66 Posts
Has anyone tried any of the Android radios out there? I'm impressed by the screen size and cost, but would like to know more about quality of the product, sound quality and features, as well as ease of install.

Here's a link to what I am talking about:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10Multimed...273486?hash=item2ac2c4564e:g:-roAAOSwXSRctpAu View attachment 134631
There are a lot of these cheap android car radio available in the market. I learned my lesson when you buy non-branded after market radio. One of my radio had a touch screen issue/defective controls after 6 months of use.

There are reasonably price radio with applecarplay/non-android radios out there - Sony Ax1000 is just $240. But the carplay/android once are around $350

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
There are a lot of these cheap android car radio available in the market. I learned my lesson when you buy non-branded after market radio. One of my radio had a touch screen issue/defective controls after 6 months of use.
Exactly--those off-brand units are pretty much junk. For all the work involved in installing one, I won't waste my time on something that won't last.

But sadly, the days of aftermarket head units are coming to an end. My 3rd gen takes a double-DIN head unit, and I have a Pioneer in there that handles Android Auto with no problems. Anything newer, and the radios are so integrated into the car's systems now that replacing them with good quality aftermarket equipment is not possible.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've done these for plenty of people including on 3rd Gens. Not sure about 4th Gen's but usually it is a plug and play system for the most part. In regards to "rewiring" the car, you don't necessarily have to do this. Just find your wire and tap into it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've done these for plenty of people including on 3rd Gens. Not sure about 4th Gen's but usually it is a plug and play system for the most part. In regards to "rewiring" the car, you don't necessarily have to do this. Just find your wire and tap into it.
I am going for it. I ordered one on ebay and plan to install it this weekend. I'll post my results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts