Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Hope all is doing ok.

I bought a gen 3 CRV (2008) few weeks ago and decided to replace the factory radio unit to a android. The seller said it was a simple plug and play, how wrong was that...

The OEM reverse camera did not work initially, after a week of research, patience and perseverance myself and a friend figure out how to wire it, so that is working now.

However, no matter what we try, the steering wheel controls will not work despite the multitude of YouTube videos and suggestions.

Of course the seller is useless and are unable to provide any form of useful information.

So I would love some help in getting the steering wheel controls work.

Looking forward chat with you all.

Thanks in advance.
Dean.

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,465 Posts
Hi and welcome.

You should contact Connects2, they may be able to help with the connectors for your headunit to the steering.

BTW, you dont mention the brand of your aftermarket headunit?

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,465 Posts
Let us know how you get on.

In situations like this, its often better to spend more money on an established brand etc where you know that cables etc will be in plentiful supply 👌

Reactions: DeRealDeano

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My only reason for going with that one is, at the time, they were the only one that seemed easier.

I will post an update once I have some more info.

Thanks once again.

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,465 Posts
No worries :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
hiya, would love to hear how you got the OEM reverse wired up, did you get a special cable or did you splice it in? ☺ please share your steps to get it working.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi @Ameeno,

I need to finish it as wires are all over the place. So when I remove the unit next, maybe next weekend or if time allows during the week I'll take some pictures and post them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts