Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have searched multiple times, but found nothing really definitive for my exact symptoms. 2007 4wd CRV, vibrates at higher speeds, steering wheel oscillates, does not get worse with braking, it is not brakes, I’m sure. Around 60 mph steering wheel vibrates back and forth under acceleration or deceleration. If I kind of just barely give it a little gas in between accel and decel, it is smooth. I removed propeller shaft from transaxle to rear diff, same thing. No noise from cv joints etc when turning. Boots on axles are ok. Tires look good, not cupped, no abnormal wear, alignment seems good going down the road. Wheels look good too. No steering pulls either way. 107k, all fluids good and has been over maintained. Steering is nice and tight, almost over responsive. One owner vehicle, I know all the history. Any ideas or tricks for narrowing things down? Thank you.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Yeap take it to a mechanic. There is a list of things from tire balance, to wheel bearing, worn part and so on. Only way your going to find the actual problem without risking wasting good amounts of money is to have a proper mechanic look at it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Get your tires/wheels balanced first, usually the most likely culprit. Probably a free service included with your last tire install.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,160 Posts
I agree to look at tires.

If you can, swap tires front-to-back yourself to see if that creates ANY changes in the vibration feeling. Often, a separated tire belt cannot be readily seen visually.

Sometimes you only feel a vibration when two out-of-round tires are in 'sync'. The vibes will come and go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts