Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I'm Andy. Me and the missus have recently purchased a Honda CR-V 2.2 Diesel 2005.

We are new parents and have opted for a larger car ( previous car Kia Cee'd) so we can have boot space after the baby items are in there!.

The CRV Is awesome :) very happy with it, however have 2 little issues with it and wondering if anyone can shed some light.

There is a faint .. Ill say squeal when driving, I think its the belt and hopefully not a bearing in the pulley system. Looking online there are numerous videos on how to change the serpent belt. I would like to do this myself as money is very tight at the moment. Do any of you have any tips on how to do this easily?

The other issue is the Anti-Roll link. Now this looks easy enough... is it?

Hope someone can help? :)

Cheers ,

Andy & Kimmy

·
Registered
772 Posts
Andy and the wife, welcome to the forum. I can appreciate the expense of repairs, but sometimes it's best to let the professionals do it, due to special tools and test equipment that you probably don't have. I'm sure the Diesel requires further inspections. JMHO and good luck.
David g..........:cool:

·
Super Moderator
3,206 Posts
If you think it's the accessory belt which powers the alternator, power steering AC etc, that's ok to change DIY.
I would however suggest replacing the tensioner for it at the same time. It gets weak over time.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome to the forum Andy! Yes, it may be a good idea to have a Honda dealer check out you vehicle if just to know 'officially' any items of concern and then address those the way you desire. Be sure to use the forum search bar to assist you in your quest. You will love your CRV! Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts