Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my automatic 2008 CRV with 88k miles about 4 months ago. When accelerating lightly, around 40mps, the tach will bounce up and down +/- 100 rpm, and you feel it shudder slightly. Also, with light acceleration (mostly in rush hour traffic) it seems to jerk a little when shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. The atf looked good and was at the proper level when I bought it. There is no CEL on. I did a single honda atf drain and fill with no improvement in shuddering or shifting. I've found many threads about this issue but there doesn't seem to be any consensus on a cause or solution for the shuddering. Some people say its normal for a CRV and a non-issue, some say to replace the liner solenoid, some say you need a new transmission or torque converter. I was going to tow a small boat but that's now out the window with this.:( Has anyone successfully diagnosed and fixed this problem? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sorry to not specifically helpful with the following comment, but allow me to vent.

I've own lots of Hondas and the quality peak was about 10 years ago. This shuddering problem seems to be a result of the drive train not working well with itself. There is a car design process generally called "integration" where they make sure that all the parts works well together, not just separately.

Honda seems to have failed on this integration process and makes cars that do oddball things like this shuddering. It probably won't harm the CRV, but I'm pretty sure that my Dad's 1955 Ford didn't shudder. Honda is building to cost levels and not quality levels and we customers are due to kick them in the "sales" teeth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts