Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2018 Touring
214 Posts
Has anyone upgrade their sway bar/anti roll bar on their 17+ models? I was thinking about getting the eibach anti roll bar from tirerack.com to help with the swaying on my 18 touring. We are about to go on a 9 hr road trip with the new born and we really want something to help with the body roll.
Keep in mind that a higher performance sway bar would stiffen up the ride. Personally I find the CR-V is pretty controlled in this area and almost matches the class leading CX-5 while being more comfortable. Its a trade-off you might live with considering a new born would probably prefer smoothness over extreme cornering capability.

· Registered
2018 Touring
214 Posts
Ive installed over 5 upgraded sway bars on different vehicles and it has never made a car more stiff, only better on turns.
I've had the opposite experience. I've only installed sway bars on two cars but each time the cars felt less plush than stock. Don't get me wrong, I installed Flyin Miata sway bars on my 2016 MX-5 a year ago and love it. Definitely controls the Miata's considerable body roll but without a doubt its a stiffer ride on a bumpy road.

· Registered
2018 Touring
214 Posts
If you want to do something real and not be a tinkerer, focus on your tire selection.
Completely agree that tires are the #1 factor. That said the Ohlins coilovers and sway bar I switched to absolutely transformed my Miata. OEM suspension is usually a compromise that favors comfort over performance. And there are a lot of "tinkerers" out there who really know what they are doing.

· Registered
2018 Touring
214 Posts
I'm impressed with how little body roll my '18 Touring FWD has and how good it feels in corners. Considering i went from a Miata to the CRV that's saying a lot.
Our second car is a 2016 Miata. Lots of discussions on their forum about body roll-which the Miata is considered to have a lot of. (for a sports car) The consensus is that while body roll is disconcerting for a lot of drivers, it doesn't effect the overall handling capabilities of the car as much as you'd think. The upside is that the car is able to absorb bumps and road irregularities better. After almost 30 years of refining the suspension of the Miata, many people feel Mazda has hit the sweet spot of comfort vs performance. I also think Honda has done well in this regard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.