Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Anti roll bar/sway bar

16963 57
Has anyone upgrade their sway bar/anti roll bar on their 17+ models? I was thinking about getting the eibach anti roll bar from tirerack.com to help with the swaying on my 18 touring. We are about to go on a 9 hr road trip with the new born and we really want something to help with the body roll.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
434 Posts
we did a1,500 miles road trip last year and I find the CRV's comfort and body roll very comfortable, I don't go crazy on the twist and turns in the mountains that's for sure. Almost the hole trip was in the mountains. I was very amazed how powerful the 1.5 litter was when climbing.

· Registered
434 Posts
Keep in mind that a higher performance sway bar would stiffen up the ride. Personally I find the CR-V is pretty controlled in this area and almost matches the class leading CX-5 while being more comfortable. Its a trade-off you might live with considering a new born would probably prefer smoothness over extreme cornering capability.
did some research and asked around (people I know that loves cars) stiffer sway bars will not affect straight away handling but will definitely make the ride much more jumpy when you are in rougher roads. But yes, it will help a lot on managing the sway of a car in corners.... but too stiff in the back and or front will affect the over/under steers. I am just quoting, I am not into off roading and racing, so it might be beneficial for you installing the stiffer sway bar as long as you drive like most of us in just paved roads... and definitely slow down on unpaved ones, or you'll be like in a roller coaster ride :).

· Registered
434 Posts
ah, makes sense since I also have a FWD and was great in the mountains.
as I mentioned in my previous post, stiffer anti-swaybars makes it more bouncy when off road thus my guess is if its AWD, Honda might be considering some light off-road thus thinner anti-swaybar?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.