Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Anti roll bar/sway bar

16958 57
Has anyone upgrade their sway bar/anti roll bar on their 17+ models? I was thinking about getting the eibach anti roll bar from tirerack.com to help with the swaying on my 18 touring. We are about to go on a 9 hr road trip with the new born and we really want something to help with the body roll.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Keep in mind that a higher performance sway bar would stiffen up the ride. Personally I find the CR-V is pretty controlled in this area and almost matches the class leading CX-5 while being more comfortable. Its a trade-off you might live with considering a new born would probably prefer smoothness over extreme cornering capability.
Ive installed over 5 upgraded sway bars on different vehicles and it has never made a car more stiff, only better on turns. CRV has some bad body roll...but as do other suv's in the the compact segment.

Juilt -
The civic and crv shares the same sway bars. Look up aftermarket sway bars from current gen civic. It should bolt right up.

· Registered
87 Posts
I just want to reduce the body roll not racing around the corner or trying to run the fastest lap. My moms odyssey have one of the last body roll and really comfortable while on road trip. It soaks in the bumps and your not being tost around. Same goes with the polit and the mdx, the rdx have less body roll then the crv. I have not driven the rav4 or the cx5. But what I would like is just to reduce the body roll. Taken turn I have to brace myself at 13 mph and going the on the clover ramp at 20 the whole car shift one way. My types s and accord feels way better then this. And yes I just order the rear sway bar from ultra racing with a 2 days shipping. I will keep postested. It was 260 got it for 240 with the shipping. If it does what i want I might add more parts to it. They have a total of 4 parts to achieve the 40% less body roll.
Keep us posted with the sway bar fitment! Very curious.

Do you have a link to the rsb you bought?

· Registered
87 Posts
I have it installed. And I like it a lot. The starting wheel feels heavier. Making turn feels so much better. Going around the clover ramp also improved a lot. The suspension feels better it's a little more stiff but not to a point where you either have to trade stiff for sway. Going on freeway the car feels more solid. I'm waiting on rdrage73 to have his 19mm installed to see how he feels about that. But the 16mm did just right for me and my wife.
Glad to hear you like it. Im kind of bummed it is only a 16mm rsb instead of somewhere in the range of 19-22mm where most companies manufacturers their aftermarket sway bars for Hondas. At 16mm only, it is a solid bar as oppose to tubular right?

Wonder why the awd utilizes a smaller sway bar.

· Registered
87 Posts
Those with awd probably aren't going to want the 6mm + solid vs hollow bar jump as it would probably induce too much oversteer unless you also plan to replace the fsb to offset oversteer. A 19mm is available if you contact ThrowDown Performance as it's not listed on their site (Ultra racing doesn't ship directly to the US). Ultra racing told me they also make a 23mm but Throwdown says one isn't available. Those that would like to really stiffen up the ride, would probably look into strut tower brace, frame braces, bigger struts and lower profile tires as well to accomplish this. If you're going to go that far, might as well install a tune too. imo this is just too much for a compact suv. Some slight changes to better suite my driving style without compromising handling in all weather conditions is all I'm looking for and I've had success finding that in the past with a stiffer rsb and good tires.
Any update on your exchange? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the 19mm and hopefully some pictures to come with it :)

· Registered
87 Posts
Progressing very slowly. I just got the rma number and return address. Shipped it back today. Waiting on their order to get here and then it'll be another couple days to get shipped to me. They now have the 19mm listed on their site in addition to the 16mm.
i think the 19mm is only for 2wd. Might have to just give the 16mm a shot then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.