Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Anti roll bar/sway bar

16960 57
Has anyone upgrade their sway bar/anti roll bar on their 17+ models? I was thinking about getting the eibach anti roll bar from tirerack.com to help with the swaying on my 18 touring. We are about to go on a 9 hr road trip with the new born and we really want something to help with the body roll.
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
I have it installed. And I like it a lot. The starting wheel feels heavier. Making turn feels so much better. Going around the clover ramp also improved a lot. The suspension feels better it's a little more stiff but not to a point where you either have to trade stiff for sway. Going on freeway the car feels more solid. I'm waiting on rdrage73 to have his 19mm installed to see how he feels about that. But the 16mm did just right for me and my wife.
Glad to hear you like it. Im kind of bummed it is only a 16mm rsb instead of somewhere in the range of 19-22mm where most companies manufacturers their aftermarket sway bars for Hondas. At 16mm only, it is a solid bar as oppose to tubular right?

Wonder why the awd utilizes a smaller sway bar.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Glad to hear you like it. Im kind of bummed it is only a 16mm rsb instead of somewhere in the range of 19-22mm where most companies manufacturers their aftermarket sway bars for Hondas. At 16mm only, it is a solid bar as oppose to tubular right?

I have no idea but you can really tell a difference between the stock one and the one from Ultraracing.

· Registered
183 Posts

Those with awd probably aren't going to want the 6mm + solid vs hollow bar jump as it would probably induce too much oversteer unless you also plan to replace the fsb to offset oversteer. A 19mm is available if you contact ThrowDown Performance as it's not listed on their site (Ultra racing doesn't ship directly to the US). Ultra racing told me they also make a 23mm but Throwdown says one isn't available. Those that would like to really stiffen up the ride, would probably look into strut tower brace, frame braces, bigger struts and lower profile tires as well to accomplish this. If you're going to go that far, might as well install a tune too. imo this is just too much for a compact suv. Some slight changes to better suite my driving style without compromising handling in all weather conditions is all I'm looking for and I've had success finding that in the past with a stiffer rsb and good tires.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Those with awd probably aren't going to want the 6mm + solid vs hollow bar jump as it would probably induce too much oversteer unless you also plan to replace the fsb to offset oversteer. A 19mm is available if you contact ThrowDown Performance as it's not listed on their site (Ultra racing doesn't ship directly to the US). Ultra racing told me they also make a 23mm but Throwdown says one isn't available. Those that would like to really stiffen up the ride, would probably look into strut tower brace, frame braces, bigger struts and lower profile tires as well to accomplish this. If you're going to go that far, might as well install a tune too. imo this is just too much for a compact suv. Some slight changes to better suite my driving style without compromising handling in all weather conditions is all I'm looking for and I've had success finding that in the past with a stiffer rsb and good tires.
After going on the road trip I can see why you would want to get a 19mm one. Have you gotten it yet? And are you planing to get different tire to help the stiffness? Mine feels so much better and the ride comfort is really nice. We loaded up the car and drove 500 miles. I think the next thing I want to resolve are the tires and add sound denting on it. I can hear a lot of road noise.

· Registered
87 Posts
Any update on your exchange? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the 19mm and hopefully some pictures to come with it :)

· Registered
183 Posts
Any update on your exchange? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the 19mm and hopefully some pictures to come with it :)
Progressing very slowly. I just got the rma number and return address. Shipped it back today. Waiting on their order to get here and then it'll be another couple days to get shipped to me. They now have the 19mm listed on their site in addition to the 16mm.

· Registered
87 Posts
Progressing very slowly. I just got the rma number and return address. Shipped it back today. Waiting on their order to get here and then it'll be another couple days to get shipped to me. They now have the 19mm listed on their site in addition to the 16mm.
i think the 19mm is only for 2wd. Might have to just give the 16mm a shot then.

· Registered
183 Posts
What size did they send you? If 16 just give it a shot it's a huge upgrade from stock.
ok so the 19mm rsb is far shorter than the 16mm bar. FWD and AWD rsb are not interchangeable.19mm is only about 28" long. I about blew a gasket when UPS delivered me a short box and I didn't want to open only to repackage it to ship back like I did the 16mm. It'll be installed tomorrow afternoon and I will put it through the paces and update. On another note, it makes me wonder why a much longer rsb for awd is a smaller diameter and at only 28" will I even notice?

· Registered
12 Posts
Well I'm glad some have had luck with Ultra. Not great customer service and quality is questionable. I'm running a progress sway bar that is rated at 740lbs/in vs stock 240. They're a USA company out of california. The cr-v say bar is the same on the 10th gen civic, accord 4dr, and civic type r. It's not listed on their site for fitment yet. I'm the guinea pig that offered to try it. It is identical to the stock bar. Simple install. Well worth the reduction in understeer. I don't know the specs on the ultra because they're not published I believe. You're hoping it's more but for the same price you get an american bar from an established company, and you have specs on it. I'm running the 740lb/in. bar which is part number 62.1018. They offer a bar that is 550lb/in. I run the stiffer bar due to the high profile of the vehicle. Also, THIS IS FWD ONLY. different bar design for AWD that is only offered by ultra. anyways, thought I'd share.

· Registered
2020 CRV-EX Hybrid Sonic Grey Pearl
45 Posts
I take very slow corner and no sharp turn. My tundra have really bad sway. I drove the polit and the mdx and their ride is so much more smoother going over bombs and turns. And I was wondering what's more efficient sway bar for body roll or upgrade shocks. Keep in mind I drive like a grandma. And every turn I take there is a body roll to one side then it comes back and forth before a stop.
I would strongly urge you to not go over bombs or land mines.

· Registered
238 Posts
A little jealous over the ease of the FWD install. AWD install was a PITA as the bushing bolts are vertical and up against the twin mufflers on my Touring model. I finally did figure out how to get to the back bushing bracket nut but it took a little thinking without having to drop the exhaust.

· Registered
2017 CR-V LX, 2.4 l, Diamond White
16 Posts
I noticed this on the webpage for Ultra Racing's 16 mm asb, UR-AR16-603:

5th Generation Honda CR-V, works on 1.5Turbo AWD Only

Does anyone know if the asb fits the 2.4 liter AWD CR-V?

· Registered
2017 CR-V LX, 2.4 l, Diamond White
16 Posts
So I ordered the Ultra Racing asb, UR-AR16-603 and am awaiting its arrival.

Shopping tip: search "ultra racing coupon" and you might find a coupon code that'll save you some bucks. I found a 15% off code and saved $29.25.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.