Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping for an update on this topic. Keeping dust off the Info Center Screen is a losing battle. Has anyone discovered a true solution to this issue?

2019CRV Touring

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use Griot's Interior Detailer spray which has anti-static properties supposedly. I don't really have that big of a problem with dust but it does happen. I just keep a microfibre cloth in the car and give it a quick wipe!

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,897 Posts
Put one of those hardened glass screen protectors on it and you will likely have less dust land and stick. It's the touchscreen surface that is attracting the dust. Even if you still collect dust... the hardened glass protector can have just about any anti-static spray applied and not affect it.

The screen protectors are available from multiple suppliers on Amazon... and the hardened glass also protect the screen of your HU. It's the same material (a 9+ hardness self adhering glass sheet) that are common now for screen protectors for smartphones. You have to really try hard to scratch these newer glass screen protectors.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,897 Posts
Put one of those hardened glass screen protectors on it and you will likely have less dust land and stick. It's the touchscreen surface that is attracting the dust. Even if you still collect dust... the hardened glass protector can have just about any anti-static spray applied and not affect it.

The screen protectors are available from multiple suppliers on Amazon... and the hardened glass also protect the screen of your HU. It's the same material (a 9+ hardness self adhering glass sheet) that are common now for screen protectors for smartphones. You have to really try hard to scratch these newer glass screen protectors.
To add one important note to my earlier post.. I recommend going with a Photodon screen protector (you can order them via Amazon or directly from Photodon). The hardened glass ones appear to have difficulty dealing with the heat stresses of the inside of a vehicle, whereas the Photodons are actually a special material that is not glass, but you can get it with either glass type hardness (MXO) or you can get a range of different matte finishes as well. Not much data from CRV owners on Photodon, but Civic owners LOVE Photodon screen protectors for their Honda Head Units.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts