Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 2019 ex owner. 500 miles and have antifreeze smell coming from vents. I used to be a mechanic and know this is a potential heater core issue . Anyone else have this issue? I don’t have any fuel smell issue so far.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
Does it happen after you wash the windshield? Had one car where the windshield washer fluid got ingested into the HVAC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I don’t think so. Just after car runs for 15 min or so. I don’t smell it when I first start car. I know it is a different smell than the “ new car plasticy smell ” that the Honda’s have. Just hoping this is not OD related. The dealer told me all of his 19’s had the factory fix done before being shipped

·
Registered
203 Posts
Take a ride with a tech when the smell is there, not typical. Could even be some pre-delivery cleaning or prep solution they used and it appears when the car gets warmed up. Did you check the coolant reserve tank? The w/s washer tank? Might be a hose connection loose there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey did you ever figure this out where it was coming from ??

New 2019 ex owner. 500 miles and have antifreeze smell coming from vents. I used to be a mechanic and know this is a potential heater core issue . Anyone else have this issue? I don’t have any fuel smell issue so far.
Hey did you ever figure this out

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
Hey did you ever figure this out where it was coming from ??

Hey did you ever figure this out
They haven't been here for nearly two years. Might be worth starting a conversation with them directly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They haven't been here for nearly two years. Might be worth starting a conversation with them directly.

Hey thanks. Sorry brand new here and I'm not sure where to find all that information yet but im glad you pointed it out for me. Thank you.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,767 Posts
Hey thanks. Sorry brand new here and I'm not sure where to find all that information yet but im glad you pointed it out for me. Thank you.
Please introduce yourself in the Greetings section and give us details about your car.

:)

And of course, start a fresh thread on your problem(s).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.